Fourth meal is a curse and a blessing for all University of Chicago students. Whether it be in Bartlett Dining Commons or Cathey (the more superior choice of the two), the chance to get food is too great to pass up. When Marx becomes too confusing and you’ve got a midterm the next day, fourth meal is there for you (especially for those who have participated in the green sciences and have the munchies).
Here are 5 things to expect at fourth meal:
1. Walking into the dining hall and expecting greatness. We wouldn’t want to eat salad or something healthy, right?
2. After perusing the stations, you finally come to a realization that your expectations were crushed.
3. But then you see the desserts: ice cream, soft serve and other goodies.
4. When the waffle station is available, it’s worth the two-minute wait.
5. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
As you leave the dining hall, you suddenly remember everything you ate. But that’s okay, right? Because fourth meal calories don’t count.