Whether you are a beginner in the kitchen or want to master the art of preparing meat; whether you eat ramen more than you’d like to confess or you love vegetables, one of these cookbooks is for you.

For the always-on-the-go, busy-as-a-bee chef: Make It Ahead

cookbook

Photo courtesy of Ina Garten

Ina’s book breaks down recipes into what can and should be done ahead of time. Her planning skills are on point, and any busy chef could greatly benefit from Ina’s pointers. Just don’t forget to write it in the planner.

For the no-way-I-don’t-eat-animals chef: The Oh She Glows Cookbook

Photo courtesy of nomeatathlete.com

Internet famous Angela Liddon’s new book features more than 100 vegan recipes that reflect her healthy eating philosophy. Liddon’s cooking focuses on whole foods that will help you feel great. You’ll be glowing in no time.

For the yes-I-LOVE-bacon chef: Micahel Symon’s Carnivore

Photo courtesy of North Chicago Public Library

Is there a title any more appropriate than this one for a meat lover’s cookbook? Probably not. Symon hits all the classic meat dishes – steaks, chops and wings – and also challenges meat eaters to try intimidating types of meat.

For the I-HAVE-NO-IDEA-WHAT-I’M-DOING, beginner chef: How to Cook Everything

Photo courtesy of satupost.com

This one is essentially a picture book of all the techniques you could EVER need in the kitchen. Bittman breaks it down to the most basic of steps so even the newest chef can know how to use pasta water and crimp a pie shut. And even if you’re already a seasoned chef, this might teach you a few things you didn’t know.

For the my-sweet-tooth-is-out-of-control chef: Ready for Dessert

Photo courtesy of davidlebovitz.com

Lebovitz combines elegant desserts with decadent comfort foods in this sugar-loaded book. We’re talking Black Currant Tea Crème Brûlée and Cheesecake Brownies. You know you’re drooling a little bit. Wipe it off the keyboard before you ruin anything.

For the I’m-not-faking-this-gluten-intolerance chef: How Can It Be Gluten Free

cookbook

Photo courtesy of Goodreads

America’s Test Kitchen does the best job in testing recipes and techniques so you don’t have to. They’ve figured out what works for people who can’t eat gluten, and put it all into one book. They tried thousands of recipes. Seriously.

For the I-can’t-afford-anything-other-than-ramen, college-student chef: Rah! Rah! Ramen

Photo courtesy of amazon.com

Sure, ramen gets a bad rap sometimes, but it’s really not that bad if you toss the flavor packet. This book has 50+ ideas on how to snazz up those microwave noodles on a budget, making this the perfect book for broke college kids. And of course, there are recipes all over Spoon University’s website.

For the I’m-totally-sticking-to-this-resolution chef: The Skinnytaste

Photo courtesy of amazon.com

New Year’s resolutions almost always include “weight loss” in some way. This cookbook takes recipes that look indulgent and cuts the calories in half, so you can eat what you want to and not feel guilty.

For more advice from the pros: