America is the home of apple pie, corn dogs, Philly cheesesteaks, s'mores, the Reuben sandwich, and an incredible amount of wacky fast food items. Americans believe everything is better when you fry it. According to Paula Deen, "The only thing better than butter, is more butter." So we dove into what the great American people are eating. And let me just say, they're not all that pretty.

1. Burger King Mac & Cheetos

Say goodbye to your favorite childhood meal, and say hello to this bad boy. Introduced by Burger King in June 2016, this item encapsulates both mac & cheese and the popular junk food snack, Cheetos. As I describe it: chewed up mac, rolled in the crushed Cheetos that you usually find at the end of the bag, then rolled into a fingerlike shape. If this doesn't help you visualize the texture and appearance, I don't know what will. 

While this gut-wrenching product left many Burger King regulars speechless, it marked a revolutionary moment in fast food history. This was the first time the Frito-Lay Company had ever partnered with another corporation to create a new product. 

Some may find this sickening, while others find much pride and joy in this world-shattering snack. Whatever your opinion, these Mac & Cheetos will still leave you with those same orange-covered fingers we all fondly remember.

While this was a limited time offer item, and it sadly no longer exists. But who knows—it might just happen to jump back on the menu in the future.

2. Chipotle's Quesarito

Oh, yes. Chipotle went there. An already decadent burrito is covered in a deliciously cheesy quesadilla, thus making it a "quesarito". Clocking in at a whopping 1,500 calories, this specialty held a spot on Chipotle's secret menu.

As of July 2015, when the secret began gaining popularity, Chipotle began charging an extra $3.50 for the product. Nonetheless, this did not slow anyone down. With a weight of 1.84 pounds, (measured it myself), you might want to buckle it up on the car ride home—if it even makes it to the car.

3. KFC's Mashed Potato Bowl

This bowl is filled with mashed potatoes, corn, cheese, gravy, and chicken. It's sort of like the more fashionable older sister of the mashed potato bowl served in your elementary school's cafeteria. Might not want to eat many of these, though. KFC's mashed potato bowl contains a whopping 26 grams of fat.

4. Pizza Hut's Hotdog Pizza

When combining two of America's most popular foods, what could possibly go wrong? Even though hot dogs and pizza are both delicious respectively, putting the two together causes some problems. Each slice of Pizza Hut's creation is 460 calories. And let's all be honest, we can never just have one piece of pizza. 

5. KFC's Double Down

The classic KFC Double Down sandwich wanders into strange territory, one in which the normal biscuit is replaced with two chicken fillets. Then, the sandwich is packed with bacon and two different types of cheeses. 

This isn't the only meal at KFC that cuts out the carbs. Introducing the Double Down Dog, which will cost you an estimated 962 calories. Yikes.

6. Tuna Pie from Jollibee

Who remembers those smelly tuna fish sandwiches that your mom packed you for lunch every day of first grade? Tuna straight from the can and smothered all over two slices of WonderBread. As much as I wish I could say I miss those tuna sandwiches, I can't. Sorry, Mom.

Jollibee, a Filipino-style fast food chain, decided to shake up the pie game and forego fruit in favor of fish. Although I may not be a fan of this, apparently the tuna pie has a cult fan following. Unfortunately, this item is only available several times a year, usually making an appearance during Lent.

And there you have it: a list of the most surprising fast food items. Some of them were unappealing, some of them looked delicious (*cough* quesarito) and others...I still haven't made up my mind about. All I know is that fast food chains never fail to surprise me with their latest creations.