A good friend is like a cupcake: always there for you, whether you're happy, sad, or anything in between. And just like every cupcake, every friend you have has their own distinct personality traits that make them special to you. Read on to find out what cupcake you and your friends are most like.

Strawberry Cupcake

cake, strawberry, buttercream, cupcake
Maggie Morris

Strawberry cupcakes are classy as heck and just scream summer, like that one friend we all have. This friend is tried, true, and timeless: no matter what happens or how much time passes, they're always there for you.

Funfetti Cupcake

cake, chocolate, sprinkles, candy, sweet
Photo by Kara Schiaparelli

Always down to party, this friend adds a healthy sprinkle of fun to the group. Might as well call this one PUNfetti because they can make you laugh no matter what.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcake

candy, pastry, sweet, goody, cream, cookie, cake, chocolate
Photo courtesy of Wes Tarca

When you first met them, you thought you could see all there was to them, but then you got to know them. Just like this cupcake, you found out there was a sweet surprise waiting beneath the surface of this friend's personality.

Red Velvet Cupcake

cream, cake, chocolate, buttercream, cupcake
Alex Frank

This classic cupcake represents the mom of the friend group. Always there to laugh, cry, or sing Taylor Swift songs with you, this friend will stick with you through anything.

Devil's Food Cupcake

cupcake, chocolate, peanut, peanut butter, cream, butter, chocolate cupcake, buttercream
Sadie Vitkus

This friend has that wicked sense of humor that you can't get enough of. Although they may be intimidating at first, once you really get to know them they're sweet as can be.

Peanut Butter and Oreo Stuffed Cupcake

candy, cream, brownie, cookie, sweet, pastry, cake, chocolate
Kathryn Clark

The swiss army knife of cupcakes: it has everything. This friend is prepared for anything, from studying by day, to going on adventures by night, to stuffing their face with you after yet another day of long runs.

Cupcakes may be sweet, but a lifelong friendship is so much sweeter. Show your friends how much you love them by baking them a batch of their cupcakes or any of these delicious cupcakes.