Calling all locavores. Come out and support your local farmers, growers and meet your neighbors.

Springtime equals bloom time. That means season-ripe produce is close to home. There’s no better time to enjoy fresh fruits, vegetables, locally baked goods and so much more than right here, right now in Eugene.

Photo by Kelsey Ellen Spelich

Eugene’s Farmer’s market, located in the park blocks of downtown Eugene at 126 E. 8th Ave., is now open every Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm. Beginning May 6th, at the fountain blocks (8th and Oak), the market will be open every Tuesday from 10 am to 3 pm.

It’s a great place for all to come and enjoy a great weekend while supporting local businesses. The market offers more than just an endless array of locally grown goods. Events include live entertainment, local artisans’ handmade work, face painting, seafood, plants, flowers and so much more. With over 60 vendors ranging from Kombucha to mushrooms, bakeries to fisheries, there is something for everyone at the market. Saturdays are indeed the best day to visit when most vendors are available. To see a complete list of vendors click here.

Photo by Kelsey Ellen Spelich

It’s also a great time to pick up veggie starts and fresh herbs at the local Farmers market. They’re great for adding color to any home. Herbs are great to have on hand for spicing up dishes as well as being used for garnish. With so many plants to choose from, pick up some for mom too. Mother’s day is just around the corner.

There’s no shortage of Farmers Markets in Lane County so if Saturday (or Tuesday) doesn’t fit your schedule, check out these other hot spots for local goods. Fifth Street Public Market, located at 296 E. 5th (at High Street) will open its Thursday Farmers Market on June 5 from 10 am-2 pm. The Fairmount neighborhood will open its Farmers Market starting Sunday, June 9th at 19th and Agate from 10 am-2 pm. For later summer produce, Lively Organic Farmers Market opens in late July-September at 29th and Agate (Tuesday 11 am-5 pm). Year-round markets are available around town too. Farmer’s Market at Hideaway Bakery, 3377 E. Amazon (next to Mazzi’s restaurant), Saturdays 9 am-3 pm. The OG Corner Market, 295 River Road, Tuesday-Friday (Noon-6 pm).

Photo by Kelsey Ellen Spelich

Get out and stock up on local goods. Mix and match produce to come up with new recipes this season. Happy eating!