Spring Break is upon us. Whether you’re hitting the ski slopes or lying beach-side for a week, it’s easy to let all the excitement overshadow planning the little things that can make or break your trip. If you’re traveling with friends, food is one of those things. Here are a few easy, affordable, and for the most part, drunk-friendly meals to make sure you and your pals don’t starve this Spring Break.

Breakfast: Bacon and Egg Tacos

_DSC9617

Photo by Karina Rao

When aren’t tacos a good idea? Especially first thing in the morning. This is an easy meal to make for a lot of people since it fits in one pan and is hard to mess up. You can even designate specific tasks for you and your friends: a tortilla flipper, an egg mixer and a bacon cooker. Team work can go a long way when you’re hungry and ready to start your day.

Lunch: Imitation Chipotle Bowl

Photo courtesy of BeInstant.com

As far as I know it’s never a bummer to learn you’re having Chipotle for lunch, so why not try something similar? By this time of day I’m looking for something easy and light, yet fresh and fulfilling, and a bed of colorful veggies and chicken is the perfect cure. Stir fry some veggies, cut up lettuce, and chicken and warm up some beans and corn to top your bed of rice. It wouldn’t hurt to add some salsa, avocado or sliced mango for an extra kick.

Dinner: Chili

Miller-Slow-Cook-Chili_xlg

Photo courtesy of FineCooking.com

Not only is this option filling and tasty but it usually makes enough to have leftovers for at least 2 days which is great for drunk eating! All you have to do is throw it in a slow cooker or pot with ground meat, veggies and whatever else you’d like to add for taste. In about 15 to 20 minutes, you’ll be feasting on this savory dish with your friends. It should hold you over for another night of partying.

The last thing you want happening is arriving at your Spring Break destination with enough alcohol to last a month but no food whatsoever. But if that does happen, turn to this list for some quick guidance and happy drinking!