Head to your local Chick-Fil-A on July 11th for some free food. Don't worry, it's not a Sunday, and this is not a hoax: the free Chick-Fil-A is real. Sadly, there is a catch: you have to dress up like a cow. 

Here are all the rules behind this Chick-Fil-A celebration. 

What's Free?

Basically everything on the menu. You can get any free entrée for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, so that includes any chicken sandwich, nuggets, and breakfast biscuits. YUM. 

Some more niché items also included in the savings are the fruit cup, small milkshakes, and small frosted drinks (lemonade and coffee).

One item not included on the discount is salad. I don't know who would order a salad when you can have basically anything else on the menu for free, but regardless, if you do, you're still gonna have to pay full price for some greens at this chicken haven. 

How Do I Get Free Chick-Fil-A?

From open to 7 pm on July 11th, Chick-Fil-A is celebrating Cow Appreciation Day, and they're giving out free Chick-Fil-A to anyone in cow apparel. They encourage you to "dress udderly crazy in exchange for free food." 

Cow apparel is a very loose term, do not fear. You do not have to be in a full cow costume to get some nugs, a cowbell or some spots will suffice. 

Why Exactly Are We Dressing Like Cows?

Bizarrely enough, Chick-Fil-A's mascot is actually a cow instead of chicken. Chick-Fil-A's cow mascot was inspired by the tagline "Don't have a cow, man!" in the 90s, inspiring customers to forgo their normal burger for something more fun (i.e. chicken). The cows quickly became a feature in Chick-Fil-A's advertising strategy, encouraging customers to "Eat Mor Chickin." 

I think a chicken might still be a better costume idea for tomorrow, but don't take my word for it. You're gonna have to dress like a chicken to get this deal.