Let me start out by saying, I don't discriminate against any meals. I love all meals. But, when I'm talking about my favorite meal, dinner takes the cake every time. No disrespect to breakfast and lunch, but come on y'all...Dinner is the best. 

1. It's so versatile.

Breakfast for dinner? Yupp. Want a sandwich? Okay, sure. A big fancy steak? Why not! Leftovers? I'm game. You can literally eat anything for dinner. And while I do love eating a slice of pizza at breakfast, there are some foods that just go with certain meals. But at dinner you can literally eat whatever you want and there is no judgment. 

2. It can be classy af.

I don't remember the last time someone said to me "let's get dressed up and go to lunch." Okay, brunch I get. But at dinner you can be so lavish! You can wear your best clothes, drink the best wine, and eat the best food. And dinner parties??? That's as classy as you can get. 

3. It can be lazy af.

toast, cheese
Tori Weber

On the flip side, a box of pizza and sweatpants are a perfectly accepted dinner combo. If I want to sit on the couch in my underwear and binge like a mofo for my final meal of the day I totally can. 

4. It's the meal most often accompanied by drinks.

While I can appreciate a mimosa at breakfast and a casual drink at lunch, I don't remember the last time a server seriously offered me a drink menu at any meal other than dinner. Furthermore, I don't remember the last time I felt like getting more than one drink at a meal other than dinner was acceptable.

But as one of my good friends once said, "I love being wasted at dinner." I couldn't agree more. There are also scientific ways to benefit drinking before and after dinner, which is a huge plus. 

5. It can be as filling as you want it to be because you can go to bed immediately after.

chicken, spaghetti, garlic
Tori Weber

I love eating to the point of discomfort. Is that healthy? No. But am I ever going to leave anything on my plate? No. One of the greatest things about dinner is that if you want to stuff yourself so that you can't move, it's easy to just sit on the couch the rest of the night or just go right to bed. Yeah, an after lunch nap is tight, but what's even more fun is being super full and then getting your full eight hours in

6. You can have dessert for dinner.

Not gonna lie skipping dinner altogether and eating a huge serving of ice cream as your last meal of the day is extremely satisfying. Or, if you'd prefer, try one of these amazing dessert recipes that totally qualify as dinner.

7. Dinner is dinner.

I love you Brunch, but dinner is so special that there's no Linner or Dreakfast. There's no confusion about what constitutes dinner. Sometimes if I eat my first meal of the day at 11:30 am the concept of breakfast versus lunch is too much for me to handle. But generally if I'm eating anywhere after 4pm I know that it's my dinner. 

8. It's the meal most frequently accompanied by dessert.

I can't remember the last time I went out for breakfast and my server asked me if I wanted to see a dessert menu. It just rarely happens that you're indulging in sweets after breakfast or even lunch. But dinner? Bring on the desserts! Don't worry if you don't like chocolate, you can eat any dessert after dinner, like one of these non-chocolate desserts

9. Appetizers.

Is there even such thing as an appetizer for breakfast? And do people even order appetizers at lunch??? Pretty sure the only time in my life I've ever ordered an appetizer is at dinner. Not sure why because appetizers are DANK, but regardless their presence at dinner is enough for me to worship the meal.