Have you ever reached that point in the week where dinner is simply Nutella on a spoon?

No? Maybe I’m the only one. I’ve definitely had days where I plunged my spoon straight into a tub of peanut butter or Nutella and called it a meal. But what about the other dessert spreads? They deserve some love, too.

Here’s my definitive dessert spread ranking, from good, to “Oh my god can I have this for breakfast, lunch, dinner, elevensies, and second breakfast?”

11. Jif’s Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut Spread

dessert spreads

Photo courtesy of Jif

As the name, mocha cappuccino hazelnut spread, suggests this stuff just has way too much going on. Same with their salted caramel variety. Jif, pick a flavor and stick to it.

10. Speculoos Cookie Butter

cookie butter

Photo courtesy of college.biggirlssmallkitchen.com

If you haven’t heard of cookie butter, you might be living under a rock. Look around – is it dark, nothing but dirt or sand underneath? Do you feel squished? Yep, you’re living under a rock. But that’s okay because frankly I don’t think cookie butter is that great. You may throw stones at me now.

9. Biscoff’s Cookie Spread

Photo courtesy of biscoff.com

Maybe I missed the day the cookie butter gene was handed out, but I am really not a fan. Biscoff gets a slight step up from Speculoos for being the original and chilling out on the cinnamon a little bit. But still not my #1.

8. Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread

reese's spread

Photo courtesy of hersheys.com

I’m totally down with spreadable Reese’s, but this stuff loses points for lack of flavor replication. It doesn’t taste exactly like a Reese’s cup, more like Reese’s Puffs cereal. But is that really so bad? No.

7. Roxbury Mountain Maple Cream

Photo courtesy of farmtopeople.com

This is rich and creamy, and it literally has one ingredient: maple syrup. They just heat and whip it up like crazy to make the sticky syrup into a spreadable cream. Slather this dessert spread onto cinnamon rolls and you’ve got a winning breakfast.

6. Ikea’s Chokladkrokant Bredbar

Photo courtesy of ikea.com

I bet you didn’t know Ikea made dessert spread, did you? It’s right next to the lingonberry jelly – random, I know. This chocolate spread is speckled with butterscotch pieces, and is like the chunky version of chocolate spreads. The quality of the chocolate is very good and the butterscotch adds a nice bit of variety.

5. Hershey’s Chocolate Spread

Photo courtesy of hersheys.com

This is just straight up chocolate and I ain’t mad about it. Just think: chocolate covered pretzels and strawberries straight out of jar. Zap this for a few seconds in the microwave and you can create an instant fondue. Yes.

4. Marshmallow Fluff

dessert spreads

Photo by Ginny at flickr.com

Marshmallow fluff is by far the most nostalgic of all the dessert spreads. Who didn’t have a Fluffernutter when they were a kid? Fun fact: this stuff is gluten-free and kosher. Get some.

3. Terrapin Ridge Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert Dip

Photo courtesy of terrapinridge.com

This actually tastes like a piece of strawberry cheesecake and it totally rocks. I could eat this by the spoonful for the rest of my life. Put it on top of cheesecake and revel in the goodness that is jarred desserts.

2. Nutella

dessert spreads

Photo courtesy of Ecoosfera

Nutella, hazelnut-chocolate spread made by angels (probably), is by far my favorite of the dessert spreads. Anything that allows me to delude myself into thinking chocolate for breakfast is okay is fine by me.

1. Peanut Butter

dessert spreads

Photo by Maggie Gorman

Before you tell me this isn’t a dessert I’m just going to point out that if you put it on an Oreo, it most definitely is. Peanut butter is the best spread ever invented and if I’m ever making a list of spreads again, this one will be crowned king every time.

Don’t agree with me? Share this post and tell us how you would rank ’em.