Let's settle this stereotype once and for all. Do UFPD officers really use the drive-thru for a dozen donuts and a latte every morning?

How this stereotype came about

A generalized answer is impossible. Just like saying all girls love pink and all boys drink beer, everyone is different. In the same way, the po-po's preferences can only be explained individually, not just by the badge on their chest. But then why is it assumed that men and women in blue are keeping Dunkin' in business?

The secret lies in the '60s. One UFPD officer explained that back then, "During midnight shifts, there wasn't a place open to get a cup of coffee except for donut shops." Bakers would beat the sun to open shop as an act of gratitude to those working hard to protect the streets. "Word got out about this and cops would line up at shops," thus a stereotype was born. But the question still remains — does it ring true today?

The stereotype today

Granted we don't see the squad cars wrapped around Dunkin' at the break of dawn, but is a cup of joe and a box of munchkins still on their daily menu?

Well, for some. After talking to five UFPD officers, here's some generalized data based on their responses:

-More than half the squad approves of Dunkin'.

-Although Dunkin' is thoroughly vetted, a bagel from Starbucks or a donut from Krispy Kreme are also a go-to.

-Only 20% of the force is as addicted to coffee as us students (five times a week, easy).

So maybe this sixties stereotype has lost some of its flare, but we can still be certain our UFPD loves caffeine, a sprinkled donut, and some fried chicken as much as the rest of us.