When the aroma of dark chocolate pleases your olfactory glands, the rock music makes your feet thump hard on the ground and your taste buds crave for too many snacks at once, you would be sheerly confused as to where you should satiate your cravings in a food fest.

Well, this is a day at the Palate Festival where you get to experience your love for fun, food and music. This year, they came up with a Mini edition of the grander version that happens every year. Love for food has no boundaries and so the world sneaks in to gather the pleasure from varied cuisines. One gets to see a number of mouth-watering cuisines on offer, each waiting patiently for food lovers to come and savour the taste created by its master. You would even see them giving up on technology and relishing the moment with their kith and kin. You see, food has all the power in the world to make you fall for it!

No wonder what might happen after consuming the tempting dishes, but prior to this episode, you might want to indulge in a self-talk session of how to choose few from many. Difficult to disclose, right? It might be tough to disclose your embarrassing food self-talks but you can obviously slither into someone else’s! Here’s what we tell ourselves:

1. Butter Chicken Burger at World Art Dining

palate fest

Photo by Yatin Arora

“I am done with exercising. Well, not exactly. But I can obviously take a break from such a hectic gym schedule. After all, burger is light, chicken has been recommended and spices won’t add to my butt.”

2. Candies at House of Candies

palate fest

Photo by Yatin Arora

“I remember last time when I had it, I was too small. But if I have it right now, no one would take me as a grown-up. Umm, I can get it packed for my little sister and have it later!”

3. Chocolate Cake at Orange Peel

palate fest

Photo by Sonal Chanana

“Mom will scold me if I have another piece of cake.”

*Thinking about today’s appointment with the dentist*

“Wait, I can’t stop thinking about it. But it is always to good to have it rather than regret not having it. I should probably have it. The dentist won’t find out anyway.”

4. Cupcakes at Jaya’s Cakewalk

palate fest

Photo by Sonal Chanana

“Red Velvet, Oreo, Chocolate Chips, Red Velvet, Oreo…I can have all of them! I promise I won’t have any next month.”

5. Dumplings at Royal China

palate fest

Photo by Sonal Chanana

“I have been loyal to momos in my local market. I have been loyal to momos outside my college. I can’t cheat on this. I should give this one an opportunity to satisfy my all-time love for momos.”