During a recent NFL game, my dad mentioned that the Miami Dolphins’ uniforms reminded him of orange creamsicles (#StopDadJokes2016). He was referring to the bold NFL Color Rush uniforms, and I couldn’t deny that the creamsicle comparison was completely accurate.
Color Rush jerseys were introduced in 2015 to celebrate 50 years of broadcasting NFL games in color. During each Thursday Night Football (TNF) game, opponents wear two-tone jerseys that exaggerate their signature team colors.Building on the "look good, feel good, play good" mantra, this year’s lineup will look even better once they remind you of your favorite foods. Check out your team’s colorful swag and pick up the perfect tailgate snack to go with it.
In the AFC...
1. Baltimore Ravens: Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos
The Ravens nailed it with the ultimate football tailgate party food — Doritos.
2. Kansas City Chiefs: McDonald’s
Kansas City should be saying "I'm lovin' it" to these uniforms.
3. Buffalo Bills: Swedish Fish
You can't miss the bold red of these uniforms — just like you can't miss the bold red of Swedish Fish.
4. Cincinnati Bengals: Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs
Catch the Bengals earning their (orange and black) stripes and make your own here.
5. Miami Dolphins: Orange Creamsicle
I think we can all agree here. Thanks, dad.
6. Denver Broncos: Sweet Potato Fries
Try your fries at a mile high.
7. Cleveland Browns: Reese's
You know you're #winning anytime Reese's is involved.
8. Jacksonville Jaguars: Fererro Rocher Chocolate
These uniforms are pure gold (just not literally).
9. Pittsburgh Steelers: Mike's Hard Lemonade
The connection to head coach Mike Tomlin was completely unintentional, but it does work nicely.
10. New York Jets: Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Mint
The Jets pulled off a simple, classy look this year with shimmery green and pristine white.
11. Tennessee Titans: Powerade Mountain Berry Blast
Tennessee is charged up in their electric blue outfits.
12. San Diego Chargers: Kraft Mac & Cheese
Mac and Chargers, anyone?
13. Indianapolis Colts: Blue Air Heads
The Colts are hoping for some luck in that royal blue uniform.
14. New England Patriots: Crunch Bar
Maybe Tom can't actually have a Crunch bar on his super strict diet, but he sure can look like one.
15. Houston Texans: Rocket Popsicles
Since the Texans were on the road in New England this year, they sported an all white uniform that resembles this childhood favorite.
16. Oakland Raiders: Powdered Donuts
Oakland is looking fresh and clean in these whiteout jerseys (unlike the messy powdered donut experience).
In the NFC...
1. San Francisco 49ers: Winter Oreos
San Francisco might be sunny and 75, but they can still get a taste of the cold with some Winter Oreos.
2. Atlanta Falcons: Berry Smoothie Bowl
Desiigner’s got (smoothie bowls) in Atlanta, and Atlanta happens to have vibrant Color Rush uniforms this year.
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dr. Pepper
The Buccs did it right with deep red and a hint of metallic silver.
4. Arizona Cardinals: Ritz Football Crackers
It’s like these limited edition Ritz were made specifically for Cardinals fans. Okay, Nabisco, what about the rest of us?
5. Green Bay Packers: Cheesy Egg and Greens Breakfast
Wake up, cheese heads, gameday breakfast is on the table.
6. Washington Redskins: In-N-Out Burger
DC meets LA. This is proof that polar (more like continental) opposites attract.
7. LA Rams: Nesquik
Remember back in the day when Nesquik was a lunchbox necessity? Or when St. Louis still had a team? Haaaaa good times.
8. Seattle Seahawks: Sprite
Nothing about Seattle is subtle — that's why their Color Rush uniforms are even more electric with their already bold colors.
9. Philadelphia Eagles: Mint Oreo Brownie Pie
Philly cheesesteaks are something special, but so is this minty Oreo pie.
10. Carolina Panthers: Gatorade Frost Glacier Freeze
Catch Cam Newton's squad sporting the icy blue on TNF.
11. Chicago Bears: Frosted Flakes
Photographer: "Do you know that pose with Tony the Tiger..."
Kyle Long: "Say no more, fam."
12. Detroit Lions: Oreos
You’re lion if you’re saying there is no resemblance.
13. Dallas Cowboys: Klondike Bar
What would you do for a date with Tony Romo?
14. New York Giants: 3 Musketeers
Get your Halloween candy fix watching these life-sized 3 Musketeers out on the field.
15. New Orleans Saints: Godiva Chocolate
These gold accented jerseys will have you thinkin' of Godiva's silky chocolate goodness.
16. Minnesota Vikings: Willy Wonka
Who's getting the Golden Ticket to the Super Bowl in February?
The NFL is absolutely lit this year with these color combos. Yes, you should check out Thursday Night Football each week for great competition, but more importantly, you should check it out to be reminded of these delicious foods.