College kids spend a whopping $117 billion each year, and the biggest portion of their spending is, you guessed it, on food. But not all college wallets are created equal. GrubHub analyzed their huge amounts of delivery data to determine which schools are big spenders and which are most reserved. Either way you swing it, you could win an entire year of free food from GrubHub here, and have an extra $1560 to play with.

Looks like the biggest spenders are the ones seriously investing in their future, with many of the top academic schools dishing out the most moolah for food. It pays to feed an ever-working brain, right? The most generous (AKA the biggest tippers) surprisingly aren’t those same biggest spenders. Instead, the kids at schools far from big cities and near the friendly midwest tend to tip the most. Nice job, guys! Then there are the cost-conscious schools, which are schools with huge populations of smart kids watching their wallets and not binging on overpriced pizza. Shout out to Delaware, Pittsburgh, Tennessee and Virginia Tech for being cost conscious and generous tippers. We wanna be friends with them.

Biggest Spenders

Campuses with the highest average subtotal compared to other college students

1. Yale University – subtotal is 9% above the median for college students.
  2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology – subtotal is 9% above the median for college students.
  3. University of San Francisco – subtotal is 5% above the median for college students.
  4. Boston University 
  5. Wesleyan University
  6. School of the Art Institute Chicago
  7. Harvard University
  8. Boston College
  9. Stanford University
  10. Columbia College
  11. Harvard Business School
  12. The University of Chicago
  13. Sarah Lawrence College
  14. Princeton University
  15. University of California – Berkeley

Most Generous

Campuses with the highest average tip percentage when compared to other college students/campuses

1. Virginia Tech
  2. University of Delaware
  3. University of Colorado
  4. Towson University
  5. University of Virginia
  6. West Chester University
  7. University of Pittsburgh
  8. Central Michigan University
  9. University of Tennessee
  10. Boise State University
  11. Bloomsburg University
  12. Columbia University
  13. Western Michigan University
  14. Michigan State University
  15. New York University

Most Cost Conscious

Campuses with the lowest average subtotal when compared to other college diners.

1. Syracuse University – average subtotal is 17% below the median for college students.
  2. Michigan State University – average subtotal is 12% below the median for college students.
  3. The Ohio State University – average subtotal is 11% below the median for college students.
  4. Virginia Tech – average subtotal is 10% below the median for college students.
  5. University of Virginia – average subtotal is 9% below the median for college students.
  6. Cornell University – average subtotal is 6% below the median for college students.
  7. University of Wisconsin – average subtotal is 6% below the median for college students.
  8. Bowling Green State University – average subtotal is 6% below the median for college students.
  9. University of Tennessee – average subtotal is 6% below the median for college students.
  10. Ithaca College – average subtotal is 5% below the median for college students.
  11. University of Delaware – average subtotal is 5% below the median for college students.
  12. University of Illinois – average subtotal is 5% below the median for college students.
  13. University of Pittsburgh – average subtotal is 5% below the median for college students.
  14. University of Connecticut – average subtotal is 4% below the median for college students.
  15. Temple University – average subtotal is 4% below the median for college students.

ENTER TO WIN A WHOLE YEAR OF FREE GRUB, NO STRINGS ATTACHED.