There is nothing better than spending a hot day indoors drinking delicious iced coffee. This past week the Coffee Club stirred up some New Orleans iced chicory coffee from Blue Bottle Coffee, pulled shots of Blue Bottle’s retrofit espresso, made tasty iced lattes and brewed George Howell’s mouthwatering Ethiopian Reko.

Sally_071714_CoffeeClub

Photo by Sally Kim

The Coffee Club featured the chicory iced coffee due to its easy-to-make nature. We steeped the coffee beans with the chicory spices and water for 12 hours, then sweetened it with organic cane sugar and mixed in 2% milk. The end result was a pre-made, ready to go batch of deliciously sweet and creamy iced coffee enjoyed by all.

Sally_071714_CoffeeClub

Photo by Sally Kim

Due to popular demand and the fact that cold drinks are a necessity during the sultry summer days, the Coffee Club conjured up iced lattes. The base of the latte was a nordic inspired syrupy and floral espresso shot from Blue Bottle Coffee. Combined with milk and ice, the lattes were a favorite of many.

Sally_071714_CoffeeClub

Photo by Sally Kim

Coffee Club isn’t complete without at least one warmly brewed coffee. We were lucky enough to serve up some of George Howell’s Reko coffee. Named after a privately owned wet mill in Ethiopia, the Reko is a phenomenal coffee that resembles a fruity tea. With tasting notes of earl grey, clementine, honeydew and apricot, the Reko was a delicately light and juicy drink when made on all of our brewing devices.

Sally_071714_CoffeeClub

Photo by Sally Kim

This coming week we look forward to having affagatos, which are a shot of espresso over gelato, and two delicious African coffees from Heart Roasters in Portland, Oregon.

Coffee Club meets every Thursday from 4-6 pm at One Wheelock. Come learn about coffee and enjoy great conversation.