As I left Boone in May, I made sure I grabbed that last ACP from my favorite restaurant Cilantro’s but I had no idea that it would be my last. Cilantro’s was a place that was constantly on my mind as I’m sure it was on others as well; the food and the atmosphere was unmatched. It’s hard to find a restaurant that leaves such a deep impression on you but if you LOVED Cilantro’s then your heart was full.

Now fast forward a month from that last ACP and I am sitting on my couch when I look down to a text that will ruin my day, “We are closed!” it read.  My heart sank as well as my stomach and all I knew was that I would have to figure out if I was more of a Los or Dos kind of girl.

cilantro's

Gif courtesy of sharegif.com

Now I am clearly taking this extremely hard and I need to get better at coping but this is a serious issue to some.  Here are some things we will be missing now that Cilantro’s is out of our lives.

The Staff

cilantro's

The people who work at this place are some of the biggest jokers around.  Whether they are shoving whipped cream in your face on your 21st birthday or making you reach extra far for your check, they know how to keep you laughing.

The Food (obviously)

cilantro's

I am a lover of ACPs and Queso, which are two things that they made perfectly.  Anything on their menu was guaranteed to make your stomach smile.  And, hey, instant gratification from the chips and salsa when you’re just feelin’ like munching.

Location

cilantro's

Photo courtesy of tripadvisor.com

Anything on King Street is a prime location for people who live on campus and off.  You can walk there, get a good meal, and then walk off the calories. Best of both worlds? I think so.

Now as I mentioned above I am very heartbroken by the closing of this place so are many others. Here are some testimonies to prove it:

“Can’t believe Cilantro’s is closing, it’s like losing my soulmate RIP”- Halle Carter

“I’m really gonna miss Cilantros and their crazy staff. I’m devastated. Idk where I’m gonna get my amazing taco salad from now!  It’s where I bought my first legal drink!”- Reagan Lee

“Cilantro’s was always the move” – Jena Donovan

Now that I have shown the world how much others and myself loved Cilantro’s I will leave this here. I have been blessed to be able to eat here over the past two years, even if I can’t for the next two.  So thank you Cilantro’s for always pulling through with good eats and great times.

cilantro's

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com