Let’s face it, almost every time you stay in to make baked goods with your girls you secretly feel disgusted by the amount of butter or oil that goes into your batter. Then, to make matters worse, you can see, feel, and taste all the butter as you guiltily eat whatever you make. It goes beyond baked goods too. Many marinades, sauces, or sides like coleslaw are oozing with oils and fats. One way or another, no matter what food you prepare, all that oil will ultimately leave you feeling straight up gross.

Chobani Greek Yogurt

Photo by FoodBev Photos

Fortunately, there is an easy and accessible way to solve this problem. What is the only product that can be found at every single café at Cornell? Chobani Greek Yogurt. So if you don’t have a car to get to Weg’s just stop by any on-campus spot to grab some Chobani because it is the new kitchen must-have. From butter to sour cream, Chobani can replace it all.

Chobani can significantly reduce the calories and fat while boosting your dishes flavor. Half an ounce of heavy cream, butter, cream cheese, or mayo can have up to 100 calories while a six ounce serving of Chobani has 100 calories. That’s 12 times the amount. Chobani is also fat free and a great source of protein. There is no reason to not use this lighter alternative. Here is a conversion chart to make things even easier:

Original

Chobani

1 cup butter ¼ cup Chobani + ½ cup butter
1 cup oil ¾ cup Chobani
1 cup cream cheese 1 cup Chobani
1 cup mayonnaise 1 cup Chobani
1 cup sour cream 1 cup Chobani
1 cup milk ¼ cup Chobani + ¾ cup milk
1 cup heavy cream ½ cup Chobani + ½ cup heavy cream
1 cup buttermilk 2/3 cup Chobani + 1/3 cup milk