Cheese – the one thing we can count on to make us feel better. Whether it's grated onto baked potatoes, or baked in puff pastry, there's something very sensual about ooey-gooey cheese. 

A few years ago, scientists discovered that cheese lights up the pleasure centers in the brain, much like cocaine does. This firing of neurons can lead to a possible addiction to cheese. However, more recent studies have come out to prove that cheese isn't addictive. It's just cheese. Or, is it actually hiding something more sinister.

It is possible to become addicted to anything. Just look at My Strange Addiction. Even though they are not taking cocaine or other drugs, they get a dopamine rush from doing a specific thing. Their addictions happen the same way people get hooked on cocaine. Let me explain it scientifically.

Specific actions like sex, doing drugs, and eating food create a dopamine rush within the brain. Dopamine is the "feel-good" chemical, and is a way of rewarding the body. It makes the body want to do it again, and again, and again. It's a survival mechanism that feels oh-so good. 

The dopamine rush you get from eating a slice of triple cheese pizza isn't going to create a cheese addiction, but eating too much cheese isn't exactly good for the body. Cheese is high in fat and causes bloating and discomfort when eaten in large amounts. 

But, then again, all side effects of too much cheese are worth it.