If you haven’t visited an IKEA before, you may not know of the deliciously cheap food that is sold in the food section of the store, also known as the IKEA cafe. The IKEA cafe sells a multitude of Swedish-style snacks, desserts, pastries, and meats that are affordable and tasty. If you’re in a rush, here is a roundup of 10 cheap IKEA food picks for your next trip.

1. KRUSTADER Mini Croustades

chocolate, cookie, pastry, cake, sweet, dough, cannoli
Kristi Cook

These small cup-like bowls are made from wheat flour, and have numerous purposes and uses to make your dinner table look like it came out of a magazine. From caviar and sour cream, to salmon and cream cheese, to just a little bit of frosting with a sprinkle of chocolate chips on top — the possibilities are endless.

Price: $3.99

2. CHOKLADKROKANT BREDBAR Chocolate Butterscotch Spread

chocolate, sweet, candy, cream, milk, coffee, goody, cake, pastry
Russell Escalada

For those of you who are fans of Nutella, get ready to be blown away (all the way to Sweden) because IKEA's chocolate spread will put Nutella back on the shelves. This creamy chocolate spread isn't boring, because it contains small pieces of crunchy butterscotch. You can eat this straight from the container, mixed with a warm glass of milk for a delicious hot chocolate, or even as a dip for your favorite pretzels or chips. 

Price: $3.99

3. SYLT BLÅBÄR Blueberry Jam

sweet, chocolate, cake, muffin, pastry, goody, blueberry muffin, cookie, blueberry, candy

Ah, the taste of wild blueberries. Maybe you are not a big fan of chocolate spread (although you might be crazy), but per usual, there are other options for people like you. IKEA's blueberry jam portrays the taste of wild blueberries mashed and combined together to form a delicious jam that you can put on bread by itself for breakfast or for a wonderful PB&J sandwich. 

Price: $3.99

4. PAJ OST Cheddar Cheese and Leek Pie

Similar to the mini croustades, these short-crust pastries are already filled with a ripened cheddar cheese and leek for a nice snack on its own, or to be combined with sour cream, herbs, fresh fruit, salmon, or even shrimp. Fancy schmancy!

Price: $3.99

5. RÖSTI Potato Fritters, Frozen

If you want a real Swedish taste, go for the potato fritters. Much tastier than your typical McDonald's French fries, rösti can be eaten alone, or combined with your favorite meat, fish, or vegetables. Much easier than making pancakes or an actual baked potato, all you have to do is heat and serve! Seems too easy for such a great taste, doesn't it?

Price: $2.99

6. VÅFFLOR Waffles, Frozen

waffle, ice cream, chocolate, cream, ice, sundae, whipped cream, sauce, syrup
Rachael Worthington

Not Belgian waffles, but better! These are IKEA's Swedish-style waffles, known as våfflor. These waffles can go two ways, sweet or savory. For more of a savory taste, top with salmon or herbs. For more of a sweet taste, add all the whipped cream that you desire. These waffles make a perfect snack or breakfast for any age. 

Price: $4.99

7. KÖTTBULLAR Meatballs, Frozen

Instagram post by Christer Ekman

christerekman on Instagram

This is for you, meat lovers. IKEA meatballs are made only of natural ingredients, which makes them taste better. Created only from meat, onion, bread crumbs, egg, water, salt, and pepper, köttbullar is not to miss at your next shopping trip to IKEA. These can be eaten plain, but only taste better when you add potatoes, herbs, and fruits to your plate. TBH, some people go to IKEA just for these babies. 

Price: $8.99

8. RÄKOR MED SKAL Shrimp with Shell, Frozen

Instagram post by Vit Katаsonov

vikatasonov on Instagram

Don't worry seafood lovers, I didn't forget about you. IKEA's shrimp (with shell) have a delicate taste and strong flavor, allowing it be an essential add-on for IKEA's paj ost (cheese pie), or krustader (mini croustades). With endless options, the räkor med skal will appeal to the seafood crowd with its rich flavor. 

Price: $7.99

9. SÖTSAK SKUMTOPP Soft Marshmallow Pastry

Instagram post by 🍋

chiyun_tuan on Instagram

Finally! The desserts, my favorite. First, we'll start with the soft marshmallow pastries, covered in a thin creamy chocolate. These pastries make the perfect combination with coffee or tea, but neither are necessary. There is no preparing that has to be done, just remove them from the box and eat!

Price: $3.29

10. SÖTSAK KAKAOBOLL Oat Pastry with Coconut Sprinkles

Instagram post by Anna Kapagieridou

anna_kapagieridou on Instagram

Last but definitely not least, my favorite dessert — the sötsak kakaoboll. These delicious little pastries covered in coconut sprinkles will forever be my favorite dessert from IKEA and are a must for those who have not yet shopped in the IKEA cafe. They are perfect on their own, with another dessert, or a hot cup of coffee or tea. How could something so delicious be less than three dollars?

Price: $2.49

As you can see, just because something is sold at a low price, doesn't mean it can't taste amazing. These cheap IKEA foods are totally delicious and can be eaten at any meal of the day. Looks like your next trip to IKEA just got a little tastier!