It’s time to face facts – you’re all grown up and you’ve got things to do. In order to get through a busy day, you have to start it the right way, and that means with the right breakfast. You can’t wake up and pour yourself a bowl of sugar anymore, even if it is magically delicious.

Here are some healthy cereal choices that won’t lead to a sugar crash in class:

1. Rice Chex

cereal

chex.com

Low in sugar, low in fat and gluten-free-friendly. Plus, you can use it to make puppy chow (not for breakfast, though).

2. Cheerios

cereal

Photo by Jessica Payne

As you probably know from their commercials, Cheerios help lower cholesterol. Add banana slices or other fresh fruit for extra flavor and nutrients.

3. Kashi

cereal

kashi.com

With a variety of different flavors, it’s packed with protein and fiber necessary for any diet.

4. Puffins

cereal

barbaras.com

They’re proud of their dairy free, non-GMO reputation, making it both a healthy and delicious way to start your morning.

5. Fiber One

cereal

fiberone.com

Because, well, you know…

6. Homemade Cereal

cereal

Photo by Maggie Gorman

Making your own food is the only way to really know what you’re eating. Make a bunch ahead of time so you always have some ready to go in the morning. Just pour some milk over this homemade granola.

7. Lucky Charms

cereal

tumblr.com

Sure, you can’t eat them every day. But every once in a while you should remember what it’s like to be a kid. After all, they are magically delicious.

Craving more cereal? Check out these articles: