Confession: I have a not-so-secret addiction to trashy tabloids. Hello, Us Weekly, — if it's found in a waiting room, then I've read it. I also once ate overnight oats for 14 days straight (it was exam season, don't judge me). Why am I telling you this? I'm telling you this so that you know how ridiculously overqualified I am to judge a celebrity overnight oats cook-off. And luckily, a Carrie Underwood and Gwyneth Paltrow breakfast showdown can exist thanks to their recipes for oats here and here.

Honestly, I'm a big fan of both women. Even though I wouldn't want to eat like Carrie for a week, I think the queen of country's choice to be a "practical vegan" is pretty cool. And although Gwyneth has given some questionable advice before (I'm still trying to figure out wtf was with her jade egg comment), she's also published three cookbooks with some epic recipes.

What I'm saying is that there will be no bias here; everything you're about to read are my real, unfiltered thoughts. Except where I had to tone it down because, you know, my grandma might read this. Hi, grandma.

Gwyneth Paltrow's Overnight Oats

• Cook Time:0

• 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
  • 1/3 cup nut milk
  • 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon orange juice
  • 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
  • 1 tablespoon toasted slivered almonds
  • 2 teaspoons maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon orange zest
  • Pinch salt
milk, yogurt, ice, cocktail, sweet, juice
Jody Brimacombe

In a small glass jar, mix all of the ingredients together.

mousse, dairy product, sweet, pudding, cream, milk
    Jody Brimacombe

Place the jar in the fridge overnight. In the morning, remove the jar from the fridge and enjoy while watching "Iron Man" on repeat.

ice, cocktail, sweet, juice
    Jody Brimacombe

If orange creamsicles were your favorite popsicle as a child, then you'll love Gwyneth's oats. They have a creamy, orange flavor that tastes more like dessert than breakfast. That being said, if it's a Sunday night and you're cramming for an English exam the next morning, the last thing that you want to be doing is zesting and juicing an orange. Sorry, Gwyneth. Your oats aren't user-friendly.

Carrie Underwood's Overnight Oats

• Cook Time:0

• 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 2 tablespoons almond slices
  • 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • Blueberries
  • Maple syrup optional
cake, berry, blueberry
Jody Brimacombe

blueberry, cereal, berry, sweet, yogurt, milk
    Jody Brimacombe

Place the jar in the fridge overnight. In the morning, remove the jar from the fridge and enjoy while listening to country music blaring.

berry, blueberry
    Jody Brimacombe

Carrie's oats are easier to make, and the thicker texture makes them feel more filling. I'm not sure about the spice in the oats (I felt like I was eating Christmas, and not in a good way), but the blueberries add a burst of sweetness that saves the flavor. They kinda taste like a sugar-free blueberry muffin.

The Final Results

Jody Brimacombe

Carrie may be a country singer, but Gwyneth is "Country Strong" (cringy, I know, but bear with me). There's something really addicting about the creamy orange flavor of Gwyneth Paltrow's breakfast oats. Carrie's are faster to make, but I would rather spend the extra two minutes prepping if it means waking up to a bowl of orange goodness. Sorry, Carrie; Gwyneth has this one in the bag.

Blueberry or orange not your thing? Check out these mocha overnight oats or peanut butter oats instead. I'm sure Gwyneth would approve.