Sometimes it sucks to cook at home. Wasting ingredients when they go bad, spending all your money on groceries, not being in the mood for what you bought a week ago, or not having time to cook what you want. Luckily, U Kitchen will be your saving grace from now on. If you’re a college student, a recent grad, or just too busy in the St. Louis area, this is definitely a must-try.

U Kitchen provides you with a healthy meal that actually tastes good for under 8 dollars, and it will take you less than 15 minutes to cook. Started by two St. Louis college grads who wanted to provide busy people with accessible meals that make sense and taste great.

This company is similar to Blue Apron, but it is cheaper and you pay per meal instead of paying per month. You can also choose exactly what time you would like it delivered. So here are just a few of the reasons you must try U Kitchen.

It is healthy, fresh, and convenient

U Kitchen

Photo by Colleen Daly

Free delivery, straight to your door at the exact time you want it. You won’t waste any ingredients, it all can be made in 15 minutes and the meal can last up to 7 days in the refrigerator before it goes bad.

You will never be bored with their rotating options

U Kitchen

Photo by Colleen Daly

They have a variety of staple meals that are always available (pulled chicken sandwich with coleslaw, a tofu gyro, and tortilla soup), but they also have a rotating menu that changes based on new meals that are popular.

It is quality food to be excited about

U Kitchen

Photo by Colleen Daly

I am a nutrition and culinary student who is pretty picky about what I eat, so I was unsure at first, but even I enjoyed these fast and easy meals. Not to mention, my roomies devoured these meals as a taste test and were looking for more.

They include easy-to-follow recipes

U Kitchen

Photo by Colleen Daly

All you will need for each recipe is the basic essentials that you should already have in your kitchen such as some type of oil, a pan, and a knife. It explains exactly how to do every step and even comes with pictures.

The student discount is solid

U Kitchen

Photo courtesy of UKitchenfoods.com

U Kitchen is even providing all SLU students and faculty with a $2 off each entree coupon code so that all meals will be $5.50 – $7.50. The code is SLU and it can be entered during checkout.

So if you’re ballin on a budget and want healthy food that takes no time, this is for you.