You continuously hit snooze as your alarm goes off four times in 30 minutes. Now it's 8:00 AM, and you should have already eaten breakfast, gotten dressed, taken a Snapchat about how early it is, and been on your way to the bus stop for your (pointless) General Education course. You only have 5 more minutes before you need to be out the door, but you're completely drained from staying up all night studying. You need instant energy, but you hate coffee. 

Here are 5 ways to avoid coffee, and still have enough energy to get through your day. 

1. Green Tea

tea, broth, soup, herb, vegetable
Bethany Garcia

An American born to live the British life. This tasty beverage will perk you up in no time. Green tea is known to be one of the healthiest beverages that you can have. It's antibacterial, antitoxin, antiviral, anti-fungal, AND anticancer. You just can't go wrong with it. So boil up some water, or put 1 cup of water in the microwave for 2 minutes—then let your tea leaf pack do the rest.

2. Awake Bar

Maiya Hoard

The magic of an Awake Bar is truly astonishing. Having one of these bars is equal to having a cup full of coffee; however, unlike coffee, these bars are enjoyable to have. Awake Bars come in caramel, milk, and dark chocolate flavors. I highly recommend the caramel ones.

Although these bars are a little expensive, it's are worth it as within 1 hour of consumption they will hit your system and you will be ready to run a marathon. 

3. Hot Sauce

sauce, tomato, juice
Micaela Petrucci

Too hot for you? In this case, that's a good thing. This is the perfect wake-up call for anyone, at any time of the day. Take a spoon full of hot sauce, and don't drink any water or milk for a solid minute (your taste buds be jumping, so will you). See...you're awake now. 

4. V8 V-Fusion Energy

juice, ice, sweet, tea
Sara Carte

This energizing drink will have you bouncing off walls in no time. The caffeine in these drinks come from Green Tea extract, which helps people focus when they need it most. It  also contains a total of 50 mg of caffeine and comes in 12 different flavors. From Baked Apple Cinnamon to Black Cherry, this energy drink will leave your taste buds satisfied and energized.

5. Water

tea, mint, water
Molly McGeeney

Water is something that most people never think of when they think instant energy booster—but it can do just that. Not only can drinking cold water wake up your body, but also splashing it in your face can give you a jolt of energy. The cold sensation will wake your body right up. 

So with these 5 different ways to get caffeine, coffee haters can continue to avoid coffee. There are other ways we can get instant energy besides giving in to the torment of drinking coffee.