Editorial directors, marketing directors, photo directors, video directors and other Spoon members from a plethora of chapters met at The Sosta this past Monday night for a Brainfood Member Bites at The Sosta in NYC. It was a huge win. Shout out to Lauren Goldstein at HQ for hooking us up.

Alex Frank

The Sosta is a fast-casual Italian restaurant in the NoLIta (North of Little Italy) area of Manhattan. They provided some yummy food for us to snack on while Alexa Mehraban gave us some tips on how to maintain a dope Foodstagram. 

Alexa runs @eatingnyc, a food and travel Instagram account with thousands of dank posts and followers. We were in great hands. She told me to "eat at restaurants you know you already do or definitely will like, post often and to use a wide variety of food." While a lot of us are seasoned veterans when it comes to running a Foodsta, we all definitely learned a thing or two from her. She killed it. 

One of the (many) things I love about writing and editing for Spoon is that I get to hang out with other badass, hardworking, smart college students who share a passion for food, drink, health and fitness. We team up and create amazing original content that is influential, informative and entertaining.

Let's hear what some other attendees had to say:

One of the best parts of my internship at Spoon HQ this summer is that I have the opportunity to create events that bring the Spoon community together. The member dinner at The Sosta, plus Brainfood SF last month, makes me even more excited to see everyone at Brainfood NYC in October!" -Lauren Goldstein, Spoon HQ Intern

"Nothing beats having Italian food with Spoon University peeps!” -Hannah Sarraf, Baruch College Marketing Director

"I had a blast finally meeting all of the Spoon celebrities IRL. The food was to die for and the contributors I met were cooler than I imagined. I love expanding my Spoon circle and The Sosta was the perfect place to do so!" -Monika von Brauchitsch, Hobart and William Smith Colleges Marketing Director

Most of the members who attended had never met until Member Bites. Putting that aside, I can definitely say that these people are more than just my coworkers. Our jobs ain't always easy, but they're always worth it.