I'll be the first to admit it, I love McDonald's. You're kidding yourself if you say you don't, but I recently realized that I've never even tried the famous Big Mac.

Introduced to the McDonald's menu in 1967, it began to take off almost immediately, and they haven't looked back since. But how could I call myself a true McDonald's fan if I hadn't tasted the world renowned burger?  Well, it was finally time, as I could no longer live feeling like a "fake fan." So, I did it: I tried a Big Mac for the first time and here are my thoughts.

First Reactions  

chips, potato, french fries
Allie Royce

Wow, this thing is huge. You know McDonald's is getting real when your burger comes in an actual cardboard box, compared to the basic yellow wrapping you get when you order a cheeseburger. 

What's On It?

sandwich, hamburger, bun, cheese
Allie Royce

All right, so what actually comes on this Big Mac? We have three buns, two beef patties, and in between all of this is layered lettuce, cheese, onion, pickles and Big Mac sauce. The Big Mac sauce is essentially a version of Thousand Island dressing. I'll admit, I was pretty skeptical when trying this. I typically like to stick to a classic burger with ketchup, mustard, and pickles, so I was really branching out here. Overall, it was fine. The Big Mac sauce added a nice flavor, but it wasn't overpowering. Other than the sauce, it didn't seem to taste too different compared to other burgers – it was just double the size.  

Overall Consensus 

Hm, it's not bad... but it's not really that life-changing, though. I'm definitely glad I finally tried the famous burger, but I don't really see the hype in it. It's a little overrated. Let's just say I probably wouldn't order it again, but if someone offered it to me, I wouldn't be turning it away either (who doesn't love free food?). If you've never had a Big Mac, don't feel the need to rush that. But as a huge McDonald's lover, it was something I needed to experience, so I have no regrets.