Trader Joe's makes many products that appeal to college student, adults, and kids alike. Their variety of trail mix is certainly one of those things. The trail mix aisle is sure to please everyone, whether you prefer chocolate, granola, or dried fruit. After perusing their selection closely and looking at everything they have to offer, here are the 16 best Trader Joe's Trail Mix Options, ranked.

16. Organic Trek Mix

chocolate, sweet
Laura Broderick

Your most basic trail mix with no frills, the Organic Trek Mix is perfect for satisfying your simple trail mix cravings. Sometimes uncomplicated is the best and perfect for mixing with other snacks, like granola or pretzels.

15. Breakfast Trek Mix

chips, chocolate, peanut, peanut butter
Laura Broderick

If you don't have time for breakfast, this trail mix is a perfect solution for your on-the-go morning fuel. Essentially a deconstructed Greek yogurt parfait in trail mix form, the Handfuls of Breakfast Trail Mix is sure to satisfy the early bird snacker.

14. Simply Almonds, Cashews, and Cranberries Trek Mix

candy, chocolate, sweet
Laura Broderick

Basically the same ingredients as the Organic Trek Mix, but this non-organic mix is slightly less expensive for a slightly bigger bag. Plus, the ratio of fruit to nuts is almost perfect, with a balance between salty crunch and sweet fruit. 

13. Simply the Best Trek Mix

candy, chocolate, sweet, peanut, nut
Laura Broderick

Not quite the best, but it's worth a try for the basic trail mix combination with the addition of dried pineapple and cherries. Even though the description has more fruits than nuts, the trail mix is slightly nut heavy. If you're looking for something sweeter, try one of the many other mixes Trader Joe's offers.

12. Go Raw Trek Mix

chocolate, candy, sweet
Laura Broderick

Because this mix doesn't contain any added salt or oil, it's a nice change of pace from the rest of the trail mixes. The addition of walnuts and hazelnuts also ups the uniqueness of this no-frills mix. The only pitfall is the lack of dried fruit, so you just have to be a raisin-lover for this one.

11. Rainbow's End Trail Mix

candy, chocolate, sweet
Laura Broderick

A Trader Joe's version of your classic trail mix, Rainbow's End has everyone's favorite combination - peanuts, almonds, raisins, and candy-coated chocolate. Even though it doesn't have any nutty bells and whistles, let's face it, everything looks better in a Trader Joe's bag.

10. Cashew Macadamia Delight Trail Mix

sweet
Laura Broderick

This mix has the perfect blend of sweetness from the fruit and savory from the nuts, making the combination a true delight. If you're partial to candy-like fruit, then the pineapple does the trick. Macadamia nuts are also a nice change of pace from the more typical nuts.

9. Sweet, Savory, and Tart Trail Mix

peanut, chocolate
Laura Broderick

One of the more unique mixes on the list, the Sweet Savory and Tart truly has it all. Golden raisins add to the variety, along with three different types of chips - chocolate, white chocolate, and peanut. This bag has a smattering of some of the best ingredients a trail mix-lover could ask for.

8. Happy Trekking Trail Mix

chocolate, candy
Laura Broderick

You'll be a happy trekker after a handful of this trail mix. Pistachios make a bright appearance and their saltiness pairs quite well with the tart cherries. A perfect bite has a bit of everything, making this the ultimate variety mix.

7. Omega Trek Mix

chocolate, candy, milk
Laura Broderick

Calling all nut-lovers, the Omega-Trek Mix is just for you. It has the greatest nut variety out of all of the mixes, featuring pumpkin seeds, pecans, walnuts, almonds, and pistachios. A nice sprinkle of cranberries breaks up the mix a bit, but still lets the protein powers shine.

6. Simply Almonds, Cashews, and Chocolate Trail Mix

chocolate, coffee, candy
Laura Broderick

Just like the name says, simply almonds, cashews, and chocolate. The chunks give you more chocolate in each bite and the right ratio makes it feel like you're eating chocolate covered almonds and cashews. Does it get much better than that?

5. Legendary Nut & Berry Mix

chocolate, peanut, candy
Laura Broderick

This is definitely the most dressed-up mix in the fruit category, but unfortunately the almonds, cashews, and walnuts steal the show. It certainly has the potential for a fancy mix and if you can dig around for the pockets of sweetness, this is legendary.

4. Take a Hike Trek Mix

chocolate, sweet, chips, candy
Laura Broderick

The most recent addition to the shelves, Take a Hike features the new Trader Joe's product and protein powerhouse - toasted sachi inchi seeds. More cranberries and chocolate chunks would make this mix slightly better, but it's otherwise one of the best.

3. Salty, Sweet, and Nutty Trek Mix

chips, poutine, peanut
Laura Broderick

This is not for the snackers who are looking for the healthiest mix. Peanuts and cashews each in two varieties - salted and honey roasted - plus salted almonds and peanut brittle creates candy in the form of trail mix. It's sweet, crunchy, and absolutely delicious.

2. Cuckoo for Coconut Trek Mix

coffee, beer, chocolate, tea
Laura Broderick

You have to be slightly crazy for coconut enjoy this mix. Almost everything has coconut in it, from the chocolate coconut flavored cups to the coconut praline cashews. More on the sweeter side without the chewiness of dried fruit, this mix is more on the dessert side.

1. Peanut Butter Cup Trax Mix

coffee, chocolate
Laura Broderick

Take your normal trail mix ingredients and add peanut butter cups, giving a decadent dessert-like mix. While this isn't the traditional blend, it's a peanut butter-lover's perfect twist on trail mix. 

Trader Joe's covers just about everything in their trail mixes. While many of them have chocolate, it's certainly not difficult to find sweeter and nuttier blends, and they're all presented in the 16 Best Trader Joe's Trail Mix Options, ranked.