In a city as big as Boston, it can be hard to get from one area to another, especially if you are not used to driving. It feels like there are countless neighborhoods throughout Boston, and even though you know that there’s good food wherever you go it’s not always easy to find.

For those days where you don’t want to drive from Allston to the North End for your favorite burger, here’s a list of 11 neighborhoods’ most popular restaurants.

South End

1. Beehive

Photo by Sophie Clingan-Darack

At this upbeat restaurant, you can listen to a live band while enjoying their unique food creations. Beehive has also swooned the brunch lovers in town.

2. Torro

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @askar_baitassov on Instagram

This Spanish-inspired restaurant is perfect for going out with friends, and provides perfect sized plates to share with them.

3. The Gallows

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @thegallowsboston on Instagram

This restaurant brings a twist to the table, but if you’re a no frills kind of person their simple yet delicious burgers will do the trick.

4. Five Horses Tavern

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @5horsestavern on Instagram

If you can’t bear the thought of spending your whole paycheck on a meal don’t worry. This tavern is affordable but leaves nothing lacking in taste, and you can’t go wrong with their $6 tacos. You’ll soon realize that every day can and should be taco Tuesday.

North End

1. Prezza

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @thediningplaybook on Instagram

No matter where you go in the North End, it will be an Italian restaurant. Prezza offers a contemporary menu if you are looking for something beyond a quick spaghetti and meatballs.

2. Panza

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @spoon_boston on Instagram

Calling all carb-lovers, enjoy Panza’s seemingly never-ending pasta menu.

3. Giacomo’s Ristorante

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @maissofly on Instagram

When anyone thinks of the North End, Giacomo’s always to mind. This restaurant is the epitome of rustic Italian cuisine. But beware, they do not take reservations, so do not be surprised when they tell you it will be an hour and a half before you are seated.

Back Bay

1. Stephanie’s On Newbury

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @stephaniesonnew

Famous for comfort food and fancy cocktails, Stephanie’s never disappoints. But when they are fully booked on Friday and Saturday night, don’t be too bummed out. Just down the street is Cafeteria, which has a similar menu with mouth-watering mac and cheese and burgers.

2. Mistral Bistro

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @mistralrestaurant on Instagram

This French-Mediterranean restaurant might break the bank, but it has some of the most delicious food in the Back Bay. Bon appétit.

3. Itadaki

Photo Courtesy of Yelp.com user Shirley Y.

Many come for the picturesque scorpion bowls, but true sushi fans come for the restaurants signature dish. They’re also famous for their sushi pizza and their tapas Japanese plates.

Beacon Hill

1. Figs

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @eastcoastfeastcoast on Instagram

This upscale pizza will absolutely blow your mind (not your wallet). If by some crazy chance you hate pizza, don’t knock this off your list because they also serve up delicious pasta.

2. 75 Chestnut

Photo Courtesy of 75 Chestnut via Facebook

This American restaurant may be pretty to look at but the food is even better. After the meal, you can enjoy a walk up the historical Beacon Hill.

3. Toscano Beacon Hill

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @the_brunch_brunch on Instagram

If you can’t make it to the North End, no worries. This Italian restaurant gets the job done.

South Boston

1. Sportello

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @sportelloboston on Instagram

Another great Italian restaurant that will never disappoint you.

2. 75 on Liberty Wharf

Photo Courtesy of Yelp.com user Jessica L.

Overlooking the harbor, this restaurant is the perfect summer destination. You can sit outside and enjoy fresh caught fish.

3. Lincoln Tavern

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @lincolnsouthbos

Home to classic American dishes, this is the perfect place for anyone looking to spend a night out with friends and good, hearty food.

Financial District

1. Trade

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @tradeboston

Add some spice to your life with this Mediterranean-American restaurant’s zesty menu.

2. Les Zygomates

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @bostonfoodieguide

This French-inspired restaurant is also a well-known wine bar, so if you want to unwind from work with a nice glass of red, this is the place to do it.

3. Merchant

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @foodpornboston on Instagram

Their bar menu has anything and everything you have ever dreamed of from poutine to wings. No cravings are left unsatisfied.

Kenmore/Fenway

1. Tiger Mama

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @thebeardedbruncher on Instagram

This Vietnamese restaurant is definitely not for those who enjoy simple dishes. They offer very unique plates and an adventurous dining experience.

2. Island Creek Oyster Bar

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @localwise.boston on Instagram

If seafood is not your thing, you better skip this all-shellfish place, but if you’re an ocean-lover it is definitely a must try.

3. Eastern Standard

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @bostonfoodies on Instagram

One of the founders of Island Creek Oyster also owns this restaurant and a couple others, and it’s safe to say this spot is as good as the rest of them. If you’re having trouble choosing, don’t worry. They are literally located next to each other so you can eat at both in the same day.

4. Loretta’s Last Call

Photo Courtesy of loretta’slastcall.com

Not only does this joint serve up great southern dishes, but they also have live performances all night long.

Waterfront

1. Nebo

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @bostonfoodieguide on Instagram

Some of the best authentic Italian food outside the North End, and being right next to the water is just a bonus.

2. Rowes Wharf Sea Grille

Photo Courtesy of roweswharfseagrille.com

Another amazing seafood restaurant, but who can blame Boston for having so many when we have the Atlantic ocean as our neighbor.

East Boston

1. KO Pies at the Shipyard

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @kocatering_pies on Instagram

Although no one’s sure what there is to do in East Boston, KO Pies has definitely shown up on people’s radars. And no, these are not the dessert pies, they actually serve a variety of Australia’s famous meat pies.

Charlestown

1. Warren Tavern

Photo Courtesy of warrentavern.com

If you’re looking for a simple meal in the historical Charlestown, this is the spot to go. Not only is the picturesque tavern every Instagramer’s dream, the sandwiches are incredible.

2. Brewer’s Fork

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @phantomgourmet on Instagram

If you’re the type whose ideal dinner consists of a beer and a slice of pizza, this is the place for you.

Brookline

1. LiNEaGe Restaurant

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @lineagesnaps on Instagram

No, that’s not a typo. You can expect fantastic American meals with a twist, but you can also expect high price tags.

2. The Publick House

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @thepublickhouse on Instagram

This restaurant serves up some of the best beer in Boston, so if you are looking for a relaxed dinner environment, this is the place for you.

3. The Abbey

Boston restaurant

If you are just looking for something to hold you over until your next big meal, grab some of The Abbey’s delicious bar bites.

Allston

1. Deep Ellum

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @deepellumboston on Instagram

Located in the trendy Allston area, this gastropub serves classic foods with a twist and offers a long list of drinks you have probably never tried before.

2. Lone Star Taco Bar

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @lonestarallston on Instagram

If you’re wondering how this Mexican spot can top Chipotle, just grab a taco or burrito from the Deep Ellum sister restaurant and you will get your answer.

3. LuLu’s Allston

Boston restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @lulusallston on Instagram

Although they are famous for their brunch, Lulu’s also serves up a mean dinner. If you’ve never been to the South, this is some of the best Southern food above the Mason-Dixon line.