Every Penn student seems to have a different opinion when it comes to his or her favorite campus coffee place on Penn’s campus – so we had to settle it. There are so many options on Penn's campus, so how do you know where to really get the best iced coffee? Sorry to everyone who prefers hot coffee.

We had to do some digging, and with the help of four Penn coffee-drinkers, we found the ultimate best iced coffee spots on Penn's campus. And what better way to do this than with a blind taste test? The results surprised us, and they might surprise you, too.

The Results

beer, coffee, wine, cake, pizza, tea
Danny Goldenberg

Each participant blindly tasted seven iced coffees on Penn's campus, with the two favorites being Starbucks and Capo Giro because of their strong flavor and enjoyable taste. Saxby’s tasted too bland, United By Blue and Dunkin Donuts were “diluted”, Williams was "dry" and "unenjoyable" while Hub Bub's after taste wasn’t "welcoming.” Sorry if any of these are your favorite, but maybe it's time to re-evaluate. 

beer, wine
Liza Lansing

Although some of the participants were certain they were trying coffee from one location, they were often completely wrong. Watch the full video to see the participants' reactions and don't forget to check out the different places on campus to see whether or not you agree with their ultimate decision. 

Hopefully this video will inspire you to step outside of your coffee comfort zone because, who knows, you could find a new favorite.  As the weather starts to cool down, you may be more inclined to drink hot coffee – which is fine by us! Just as some of the participants had a preference for stronger coffee, everyone clearly has different coffee palettes. Stay open-minded and caffeinated, Penn.