Hello, my name is Claire, and I am a Friends addict. I’m pretty sure I’ve watched every episode at least three times and somehow the plot never gets old. Naturally, when I found out that Friends was going to be on Netflix starting January 1st my eyes misted up a little and I texted everyone I knew who would be as excited as I was. Looking back on my favorite episodes (there’s a lot of them), I found my favorite food moments throughout the seasons. Let’s review them, shall we?

The One With Phoebe’s Cookies

A classic. Phoebe’s apartment had a fire and she lost her grandmother’s cookie recipe. In a valiant attempt to recreate the exact recipe, Monica makes like 16 batches of chocolate chip cookies (yum), after which Phoebe remembers the recipe came from “Nestley Toulouse.” Anyone want to come over and make some Nestle Tollhouse cookies now? I sure do.

friends

Photo Courtesy of Marcelo Cidral via Pintrest

The One with All the Thanksgivings

I’m pretty sure the image of Monica doing that weird sexy shimmy thing with a turkey on her head has been permanently engrained in my mind. The non-food reason why I adore this episode? It’s the first time Chandler says he loves Monica! SO CUTE.

The One With the Birth Mother

From this episode, we learn perhaps the most important life lesson of all time: JOEY DOESN’T SHARE FOOD. “It’s not about the fries, it’s about what the fries represent…ALL FOOD!” I’d still go on a date with Joey though, let’s be honest.

friends

Photo courtesy of bluesbreaker via Tumblr

The One With Ross’s Sandwich

A post-Thanksgiving classic. Someone eats Ross’s Thanksgiving leftover sandwich, so Phoebe does him a favor and starts writing threatening notes to put on his lunch every day. What a pal (and what a sandwich! I’m definitely trying it this year).

The One With the Ride Along

A true love story about a man and his sandwich. The guys go on a ride-along with Phoebe’s boyfriend, Gary, and when they hear a gunshot noise Joey leaps to the side to protect his sandwich. Now that’s dedication right there.

The One With All the Cheesecakes

Who can forget Rachel and Chandler eating that cheesecake off the floor? And you know they’ve made the right friends when Joey comes out with a fork of his own to dig in.

friends

Photo courtesy of gleeforum.com

The One with the Dozen Lasagnas

Monica makes a bunch of lasagnas for her aunt, only to find out they were supposed to be vegetarian. First of all, what a great problem to have. Second, this was also the episode in which Chandler and Joey, while eating a lasagna each off of their laps, decide they should get a new kitchen table. That’s right, this episode was the birth of the infamous foosball table.

friends

Photo Courtesy of whatculture.com

Needless to say, Friends has had some awesome food moments. And yes, I will be re-watching all the episodes (again) once it’s on Netflix.

Other Articles You’ll Love: