Fast food restaurants typically boast about how fresh and meaty their hamburgers taste, but where's the love for chicken? Sure, the majority of fast food joints have chicken nuggets, but those puppies disappear in four bites. Sometimes, a crispy chicken sandwich is needed. To find the best fast food fried chicken sandwich, I did some researching and taste testing to get some answers. 

1. Chick-fil-A

Sandwich: Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich

Chick-fil-A tops our list with their classic Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich. There's no lettuce, tomato, or mayonnaise on this rebel. All it needs is two pickles. Chick-fil-A dominates the chicken sandwich game with their slogan, "We didn't invent the chicken, just the Chicken Sandwich." If that doesn't impress you, the kindness of Chick-fil-A's employees will.

2. Zaxby's

Sandwich: Chicken Finger Sandwich

What's better than a regular chicken sandwich? Zaxby's Chicken Finger Sandwich. When a big chicken patty seems like too much, Zaxby's will provide some relief by doing away with the patty and delivering easy to eat chicken fingers. Also, instead of the normal mayo, this sandwich has Zax sauce, so prepare yourself for a trip to Flavortown.

3. Bojangles'

Sandwich: Cajun Filet Biscuit

Bojangles' really amps up the sandwich competition with their Cajun Filet served on a soft biscuit. This perfectly seasoned chicken pairs so well with a handmade buttermilk biscuit. This sandwich is Bojangles' signature item, so hop on the bandwagon and take a trip down south to try it.

4. KFC

Sandwich: Double Crunch Crispy Chicken Sandwich

KFC has mastered the artistry of fried chicken, so getting the Double Crunch Crispy Chicken Sandwich here should be a no brainer. This sandwich has KFC's iconic chicken on a bun with double the crunch. It's so crunchy that you may want to take out any fake teeth you have before eating it. If you're still unsure of this sandwich, remember that the Colonel would never lead you astray. 

5. McDonald's

Sandwich: McChicken

McDonald's McChicken might look simple, but it packs some nice flavor. If you are a fan of McNuggets, this sandwich is like a huge McNugget on a bun with a few extras. Not to mention this sammy is under $2. I don't know about you, but I'll take a side order of fries with a price like that.

6. Sonic

Sandwich: Classic Ultimate Chicken Sandwich

Sonic's Classic Ultimate Chicken Sandwich is a little different than the other sandwiches on this list. Besides the lettuce and mayo, this sandwich also includes tomatoes. Plus, it's served on a brioche bun. Don't forget to stop by during happy hour to enjoy a half priced shake or drink with your sandwich.

7. Wendy's

Sandwich: Crispy Chicken Sandwich

Wendy's guarantees their beef is fresh, never frozen, so you know they treat their chicken the same way. Wendy's Crispy Chicken Sandwich is juicy with the right amount of crunch. Not to mention it costs a little over a dollar. This chicken sandwich will keep your stomach and wallet happy. 

8. Burger King

Sandwich: Original Chicken Sandwich

Burger King's Original Chicken Sandwich is so satisfying that its been on the menu since 1979. This sandwich keeps it classy with lightly breaded white meat chicken, lettuce, and mayo on a sesame seed bun. For a limited time, you can grab two of these sandwiches for five dollars.

9. Hardee's

Sandwich: Big Chicken Fillet Sandwich

Hardee's Big Chicken Fillet Sandwich will give you the spice you need in your life with their southern blend of seasonings. This sandwich may be toward the bottom of the list, but it still delivers taste wise. This meaty sandwich would pair up nicely with Hardee's thin french fries. 

10. Arby's

Sandwich: Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Sandwich

Arby's Buttermilk Crispy Chicken Sandwich comes in last on this list because of its simplicity. This sandwich is even described on Arby's website as "Nothing fancy. Just real good taste." If you're looking for a simple good tasting sandwich, Arby's has you covered.

Next time you are in the mood for the best fast food fried chicken sandwich, you know where to go. Don't chicken out on trying some of these restaurants and sandwiches, you might be surprised!