When fall finally rolls around, one of the things I look forward to the most is all of the delicious seasonal food that you only get at this time of year. I know my favorites, but I decided to poll the UConn SpoonU chapter to see what our foodie team loves.

Apple Cider Donuts - Anvita Reddy, Photographer

doughnut, bagel
Nicole Shvayetsky

Nothing is better than when the Sweet Madeline's truck is parked on Fairfield Way and you can smell the donuts from anywhere in the center of campus. The combination of the warm donut, apple flavor, and sugar on top just screams fall. 

Hot Chocolate - Dana Kringel, Writer/Editorial Director

milk, cream, coffee, chocolate, cappuccino, sweet, mocha, hot chocolate, espresso, whipped cream, milkshake
Nate Aroian

The first day when it's cold enough to switch from iced to hot drinks is a cause for celebration for most people (not me, I drink iced coffee even in blizzards). Hot chocolate is the best drink for warming you up when it starts to get chilly. With so many flavors and toppings, there's a hot chocolate combo out there for everyone. (Plus any excuse for whipped cream is a good excuse.)

Pumpkin Bread - Sydney Morrison, Marketer

bread, wheat, cereal, pastry, sweet, brown bread, flour, cake, chocolate
Sydney Morrison

Once pumpkin season rolls around, you can find almost any food in pumpkin flavor. Instead of trying something that should never be pumpkin flavored, like Pringles, stick to this classic fall treat. If you're feeling adventurous, try baking your own instead of buying it at the store.

Apple Crisp - Kaitie Fiore, Writer

A photo posted by @whatrhymeswithavocado on

Arguably the best day of the fall season is when my mom makes apple crisp for the first time that year. What's better than warm apple crisp straight out of the oven with vanilla ice cream on top?

Russian Apple Cake - Eli Udler, Writer

If you want a fall dessert that's different than your usual pumpkin pie, try this Russian apple cake (aka apple sharlotka). It's a light cake with some tartness from the apples. Check out this recipe if you want to make it for yourself! 

Candy Corn - Mackenzie Early, Marketing

candy, sweet, vegetable, sweetmeat
Kathryn Stouffer

Candy corn is one of those things people either love or hate. I happen to be a big fan, especially since I only eat it once a year when Halloween rolls around. If a straight handful of this sweet treat is too much for you, try eating it in these unique ways. Be careful when eating candy corn, as one serving packs 19 grams of pure sugar

These are just a few favorites of the UConn Chapter but whatever your favorite fall food is make sure to #treatyoself, especially since it only comes around once a year.