Fall is in the air, and with midterms finishing up, who doesn’t want to go apple picking? It’s an activity that can occur with friends or with family. I’m ashamed to say that in my 18 years of living, I have never once gone apple picking. But that will change this year because I’ve found five places in Georgia that have great apple picking reviews. So whether you decide to go with your family or with a group of friends, this daytime event will surely serve as a wonderful and tasty break from school.

1. Red Apple Barn

Wagon rides, the Georgia Apple Festival, apple arts, and games are all held here. A pumpkin patch is also included here, which means you'll have another excuse to make some yummy pumpkin recipes.

Location: 3379 Tails Creek Rd, Ellijay, GA 30540

2. Mercier Orchards

A photo posted by Heather (@thewanderingbees) on

Established 70 years ago, there's a lot to do at these orchards. Some features include a bakery, deli, a market store, and a farm winery. They also have popular honey crisp apple varieties. Weekday tractor rides are offered on the weekdays in October. 

Location: 8660 Blue Ridge Dr, Blue Ridge, GA 30513

3. R&A Orchards

A photo posted by Nadeen. (@thesophislife) on

A special feature of these orchards is a tractor tour. They also offer apple doughnuts for all to enjoy. They also sell a variety of BBQ sauces, butter, chutney, hot sauce, jam, jellies, and syrups.

Location: 5505 GA-52, Ellijay, GA 30536 

4. Panorama

A photo posted by k8 (@k8_roth) on

Panorama is a family fruit farm and they're known for their signature fried pies and homemade fudge. They also offer fresh cider and unique baked goods like applesauce bread, apple brandy cake, and apple pie, of course. 

Location: 63 Talona Road Ellijay, GA 30540  

5. Hillcrest Orchards and Farms

A photo posted by Cassidy Correa (@_cassiec_) on

Arguably the most popular apple orchard in Georgia, this place offers school field trips and senior bus tours. Admission is $8 per person and includes a petting farm, wagon rides, fried apple pies, and their famous apple fritters. 

Location: 9696 Georgia 52, Ellijay, GA 30536