There are few joys in life quite as exciting as pulling up to your local Krispy Kreme and seeing the "Hot Now" sign lit up.  What could possibly be better than warm, fresh donuts straight from the oven?  I'll tell you what — new Ghirardelli-inspired donuts.  

Nuts About These Donuts

The Internet was abuzz this week as Krispy Kreme announced they were going to be selling donuts incorporating the decadent Ghirardelli squares you know and love. 

Chocolately Goodness

There are two different donuts being added to Krispy Kreme's menu. According to the Krispy Kreme website, the first new item is the Mint Chocolate Donut. This donut is filled with White Mint Kreme™ filling, dipped in chocolate icing, decorated with green icing, and topped with Ghirardelli mini chocolate chips, then dusted in powdered sugar. This lavish dessert is inspired by the Ghirardelli Chocolate Mint Square, and is sure to wow any chocolate lover. 

Cool Caramel

The second new donut being added to the Krispy Kreme menu is Sea Salt Caramel. The dessert is filled with salted caramel filling, dipped in chocolate icing, drizzled with both chocolate and caramel icings, and topped with a blend of amber sugar, salt sprinkle, and Ghirardelli mini chocolate chips. The rich chocolate and cool caramel are sure to be a winning combo that will have customers begging for more.

Next time you have a hankering for a donut (or just feel like rocking one of Krispy Kreme's signature white paper hats), consider a trip to your nearest Krispy Kreme.