Films can be known for far more than romantic moments in the rain (I’m looking at you, The Notebook) and car-chase scenes down the streets of Miami. Sometimes it’s the scenes involving food that steal our hearts and make a lasting impression.

Whether it’s an uplifting moment in a kitchen full of animated rats, or a champagne toast that crashed the internet way before Kim K’s cover came along, here’s a ranking of iconic food moments that made some of the best movies, well, the best:

15. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

movie

© 2005 Disney Enterprises, Inc. and Walden Media, LLC.

If you’ve seen the first installment of Narnia, then you probably can’t hear about the dish “Turkish delight” without thinking of Edmund’s first encounter with the White Witch. His character struggled throughout the first film, and it all started with some Turkish delight and hot chocolate. Iconic yes, but this scene’s coming in last because the White Witch was just pure evil, and Edmund was weak.

14. Matilda

movie

Photo courtesy of TriStar Pictures & Jersey Films

Few things haunt me more from my childhood than this cake scene in Matilda. Love the movie, but I cannot look at chocolate cake the same ever again because I’m forever chanting “Bruce! Bruce! Bruce!” in the back of my head.

13. Paddington

movie

Photo courtesy of The Weinstein Company

Okay, not going to lie, as a 21-year-old this was still one of my favorite movies of last year. It was so quirky and adorable, plus who doesn’t love a live-action movie that still includes a talking bear? The underrated film boosted sales of marmalade in the U.K., most likely for the heart-warming family bonding scene at the end.

12. Julie and Julia

movie

Photo courtesy of Columbia Pictures

The true story of Julie Powell and Julia Child is one any foodie needs to watch. It’s a feel-good movie at its finest. Julie’s experience making the famous The Art of French Cooking dish Boeuf Bourguignon is real and slightly sad, as she burns it and has to start over. All the more reason to want to channel Julia Child in the kitchen for ourselves.

11. Princess Diaries

movie

Gif courtesy of bustle.com

The banquet scene still gets its fair share of laughs every time it’s on. What’s not to love with the frozen palette mishap, shattered glass toast, and grape-on-the-floor catastrophe. Now we’ll never forget to not shove an entire spoonful of whatever that green stuff was (does anyone actually know?) into our mouths when we go to a diplomatic function. Thanks for the heads up, Mia.

10. Hook

movie

Photo courtesy of TriStar Pictures

The “Use Your Imagination” scene in Hook is one of the most loved from the film. Peter Pan and the lost boys don’t let empty stomachs stop them from being young and crazy. The imaginary food on the table turns into a food fight we all wish we were a part of as a kid. (And if you want to make the psychedelic pie in the scene IRL, look no further).

9. Uncle Buck

movie

Photo courtesy of Universal Pictures

Making a pancake so big you have to flip it with a snow shovel is bucket list worthy, thanks to the serious skills of Uncle Buck. All you need is a few pounds of butter and a gallon of maple syrup to pair it with (and an army to feed).

8. Elf

movie

Don’t lie, you know you’ve always wondered what the combo of spaghetti, Pop Tarts, candy, and maple syrup tastes like. And why else would you wonder if it wasn’t for Elf: the movie that gave us the most unrealistic expectations about Christmas morning breakfast. Probably for the best.

7. The Princess and the Frog

movie

© 2009 Disney

There are fewer things college kids relate to more than being broke with big dreams of success. Princess Tiana kept it real and proved that working hard pays off. Matched with a Disney dance number finale, the moment she finally gets her restaurant is one to make us feel that much more motivated.

6. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

movie

Photo courtesy of Warner Bros.

Throughout all of the eight films, there are numerous important moments involving food (hello, Butterbeer and charmed cupcakes), but the MVP comes in with Sorcerer’s Stone. Dumbledore making all of that perfectly roasted and decorated food appear on all four tables at once will just never get old. Neither will Ron’s face lighting up when it happens.

5. Ratatouille

movie

© Disney Pixar

Making a dish look mouth-watering, cookbook-worthy good animated is truly an art form. Ratatouille made our eyes fill with tears with that flashback moment and equally teary-eyed knowing we’d never make ratatouille that would look that perfect.

4. The Great Gatsby

movie

Photo courtesy of Warner Bros.

First, let’s take a moment to appreciate the fact that Leo now has an Oscar…but TBH I’m still salty it wasn’t for The Great Gatsby, but a girl can dream. If not for his iconic champagne toast- one of the most meme-worthy shots ever. Scroll through any social media platform and it’s sure to pop up during any award show. So Leo, cheers to you.

3. Breakfast at Tiffany’s

movie

Photo courtesy of Jurow-Shepherd Production

Before I even saw the 1960s film, one of my favorite trips to New York City included grabbing my Starbucks and heading to Tiffany’s on Fifth Ave. A scene that transcends time, Audrey Hepburn created a magical moment eating that croissant and sipping on her coffee in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. 

2. Lady and the Tramp

movie

© 1955 Disney

1. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

movie

Photo courtesy of Wolper Pictures Ltd.

Coming in at #1 is of course Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and how could it not when it’s a whole movie centered around happiness in forms of colorful treats, candy, and chocolate. It’s a universal favorite in its entirety, but the candy garden scene, AKA utopia, comes in as most iconic. All you could want in a movie is Gene Wilder singing “Pure Imagination” in the backdrop of a fully edible garden.

Some movies just wouldn’t be as stellar without the moments that filled our hearts, and our stomachs. Whether classics or newbies, the movies ranked had some of their most iconic scenes centered around food. A movie marathon has never tasted so good.