1. Ben supports the idea of a weed-infused flavor (where it is legal.)

benandjerrys10

Photo by Amanda Shulman

In an interview with HuffPost Live, Ben admitted that cannabis-infused ice cream makes sense to him. “Combine your pleasures,” he said.

2. They lobbied for same-sex marriage in Vermont.

benandjerrys3

Photo courtesy of benjerry.com

They even changed the name of their flavor “Chubby Hubby” to “Hubby Hubby” for a day.

3. They made a 90-pound baked Alaska dessert to protest oil drilling in the Alaska.

benandjerrys12

Photo courtesy of National Geographic

Under the mantra “Don’t bake Alaska,” Ben & Jerry’s served the dessert on the U.S. Capitol lawn back in 2005 after the House of Representatives passed a bill that allowed drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

4. They filed a lawsuit against Haagen-Dazs after they tried to limit distribution of Ben & Jerry’s products.

benandjerrys12

Photo courtesy of brandsforbreakfast.com

The lawsuit was filed against Pillsbury, the parent company of Haagen-Dazs, in 1984, spawning the famous “What’s the Doughboy Afraid Of?” campaign.

5. If you’re famous enough, they might turn your name into a pun and create a flavor for you.

benandjerry9

Photo courtesy of benjerry.com

The list of celebrities with their own flavors include: Willie Nelson, Elton John, Ron Burgandy, Dave Matthews Band, the cast of Monty Python, Jimmy Fallon, Phish, a character Alec Baldwin plays on SNL, Stephen Colbert, President Obama, Jerry Garcia, Olympic snowboarder Hannah Teter, John Lennon and Napoleon Dynamite

6. They have a graveyard for flavors that have been discontinued.

NPR"class="" src="https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8745/16326208403_ce6fe810a6_b.jpg" alt="graveyard" width="770" height="433" />

Photo courtesy of NPR

It’s called the Flavor Graveyard, and it is full of tombstones for the “dearly de-pinted.”

7. They care about the environment.

benandjerrys14

Photo courtesy of businesswire.com

On April 1, Ben & Jerry’s kicked off their “Save Our Swirled” tour. The tour intends to raise awareness for the effects of carbon pollution and solutions for clean energy.

8. They have a machine in the Netherlands that turns ice cream bi-products into energy.

benandjerry8

Photo courtesy of benjerry.com

The machine, called the Chunkinator, contains billions of microorganisms that transform the waste into biogas, which then powers the factory.

9. Employees get 3 pints of ice cream free per day.

benandjerrys1

Photo by Becky Hughes

Yes, you read that right. PER DAY.

Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?

Ben and Jerrys