Calling all wine lovers. If you have become complacent with the offerings at your local liquor store, or want to try out some cool, new wine, look no further than Club W. A monthly wine subscription, Club W is the only personalized wine club in the world.

Their structure and personal relationships with the wine makers allows them to provide unique options you cannot get anywhere else. If you think wine is the best beverage out there and are looking to spice it up, this is the club for you.

1. You gain exposure to new wines.

wine

Photo by Andrea Leelike

Club W offers unique wines from all over the world. The selection is constantly changing, so you will never run out of options to choose from. Each bottle comes with a description card describing the wine, where it is from, when to drink it and more. Even if you know nothing about wine, you’ll be able to impress all your friends at your next wine and cheese night.

2. It is personalized with the Palate Profile Quiz.

wine

Photo by Andrea Leelike

This whole experience is very personalized, and it all begins with the palate profile quiz.To ensure that you love the wine you purchase, Club W has you take a quiz when you sign up. Only six questions long, it’s quick and easy. Even if you know what kinds you like, still take the quiz because they suggest the best wines that they have for your palate.

3. Each wine has a descriptive video.

wine

Photo courtesy of clubw.com

If you want to know more about any of the wines before you purchase, there are descriptive videos for each one. Each wine is described by Sommelier Katie Delaney Owen, so you know you are getting quality information. Serving fish at your next dinner party? Watch the videos to find out which wines pair well with fish so you can plan ahead.

4. You are allowed to skip a month.

wine

Photo courtesy of citizengoods.com

The downside to many monthly subscriptions is that you are committed to paying for a shipment every month. At Club W you can postpone at any point. If you still have wine from last month, or maybe you’re going on an alcohol free cleanse, not to worry. Just go to your profile and click one button to skip a month.

#SpoonTip: Want your wine sooner than your next shipment date? No problem. You can order more at any time. 

5. Order online so you don’t have to go to the store.

wine

Photo courtesy of @clubw on Instagram

Why walk to the grocery store when you can get your exercise in from opening all the bottles you ordered from Club W? The wine is delivered right to your door for maximum convenience. Gone are the days of lugging home heavy bottles of wine, or paying for that uber home because the liquor store is too far.

#SpoonTip: Make sure you, or someone over the age of 21, is home for the delivery, or you will have to go pick it up from the closest Fed Ex store. 

6. Club W has wines you can’t get at your local store.

wine

Photo by Andrea Leelike

If you are looking to expand your wine horizons, or are sick of the same selections at the grocery store, definitely go to Club W. They have small batch wines that are constantly changing. You will never get bored or run out of options. Their wines are so good, it’s hard to not drink the whole bottle.

7. Their wine is reasonably priced.

wine

Photo by Andrea Leelike

Starting at $13, the wine is very reasonably priced. There is also a very large selection of $13 bottles at about half of the inventory. You have plenty of options at the lowest price point. As a college student, it is worth the extra few dollars for quality wine.

8. They share wine pairings.

wine

Photo courtesy of @clubw on Instagram

Wine pairings are very important, especially when hosting. If you are not familiar with the unique bottle that you ordered from Club W, don’t worry. They have pairing options for their wines so you know what will go best with your late night PB&J. They even provide recipes for some of their pairing suggestions.

9. Club W is socially responsible

wine

Photo courtesy of @clubw on Instagram

Sustainability is very important, especially in a product that inevitably uses a lot of water. This is very important to Club W and they have many initiatives in place to make their wine more sustainable. They even have a YouTube channel where you can check out some pretty cool DIY projects using their packaging and empty wine bottles.

To get your first bottle free, click here.

wine

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com