If you’re like me, nothing can cure a stressful college day like chocolate. The problem is that chocolate has a stigma of being bad for you, but that’s not alway the case. Mindy Kaling is here to tell you why you should never turn down a delicious piece of chocolate.

1. It Tastes Like Heaven

mindy kaling

Let’s get the most obvious out of the way first. Chocolate is the one candy that you’re pretty much always in the mood for  it’s sweet, delicious, and the ultimate comfort food.

2. It’s Good For Your Heart

mindy kaling

Gif courtesy of hercampus.com

Move along, Cheerios. According to a Swedish study, two servings of dark chocolate a week can reduce heart disease by as much as 33%. For the truly healthy, you can match your chocolate with a glass of red wine… a delicious pairing if I do say so myself.

3. Chocolate Is An Aphrodisiac

mindy kaling

In my opinion, I’d rather get a box of Lake Champlain Chocolates over a dozen roses any day. Even better, there have been studies that prove that chocolate actually increases dopamine levels in the body, which then makes you happy.

4. It Can Help You Lose Weight

Gif courtesy of giohy.com

Gif courtesy of giohy.com

Researchers at the University of Copenhagen found that dark chocolate is more filling. Basically, dark chocolate lessens the craving for more unhealthy fatty foods, which then leads to weight loss.

5. You Can Dip It Into Just About Everything

Not only is chocolate perfect on its own, it’s even better with something else.  You could stick to the classics, such as strawberries and bananas, or you could get a little adventurous with chocolate avocado truffles.

6. It Can Help Prevent Diabetes

mindy kaling

Photo courtesy of hollywood.com

Candy and Diabetes don’t mix well together, but chocolate is more than just candy. In a small study done in Italy, people who ate a candy bar worth of dark chocolate once a day for 15 days saw their potential need for insulin drop by nearly half.

7. It’s In Chocolate Chip Cookies

mindy kaling

Gif courtesy of hercampus.com

I don’t think any of us have ever met someone who doesn’t think chocolate chip cookies are the best thing since sliced bread. The best part is, if you’re having a busy day, you don’t even have to bother baking them. Cookie dough tastes the best right from the package. Mindy knows what’s up.

8. It Can Reduce Stress

Gif courtesy of Giphy.com

Gif courtesy of Giphy.com

Who knew the freshman fifteen wasn’t such a bad thing? Researchers at UC San Diego found out that emotional eating isn’t necessarily terrible. Stress can cause havoc on your body, and they found out that eating a little chocolate can reduce your stress levels.

9. It Can Solve All Problems

Gif courtesy of gifpy.com

Gif courtesy of gifpy.com

Whenever you’re having a stressful or homesick day, just grab a bowl and your favorite sweets and ladle some hot chocolate sauce over it. After all, chocolate can solve even the biggest of problems.