Food fairs can be a bit overwhelming. Which sausage sandwich is actually worth it? Should you really wait a half-hour for that empanada? The answer to each of those questions will be answered here. Your foodie festival experience will be less overwhelming being aware that there is such a thing as a donut slider and there are spring rolls beyond compare out there waiting to be eaten. While many of these pop-up vendors might make cameos in NYC, they move around a lot, so keep your eyes peeled for one near you.

1. Jicama California Street Food: Donut Slider

food fair

Photo by Megan Peterson

This hybrid of tangy pulled pork and sweet glazed donuts works perfectly, as bizarre as it sounds. A fresh cabbage salad sits between the pork and the donuts, as well as jalapeños. Where else can you get a slider with an umbrella in it?

#SpoonTip: Upgrade your own bacon egg and cheese with a glazed donut.

2. Five Sisters Food Company: Brie Burger

food fair

Photo by Megan Peterson

Brie and crackers is so played out. This Brie cheese oozes out of this juicy burger. Five Sisters Food Company guarantees that meat moisturizer that you will be wiping from your face and hands after. Their food is killer, and a must before you get too full at food festivals.

3. Dump N’ Roll: Fried Pork Spring Roll

food fair

Photo by Megan Peterson

The spring rolls and dumplings out of the Dump N’ Roll truck are far from your average “rolls” and “dumps.” The Fried Pork Spring Rolls are addicting, and dangerously dynamite. This is the perfect starter to any marathon of eating at a food festival.

4. The Paella Shack: Nutella Churro

food fair

Photo courtesy of @thepaellashack on Instagram

Everything is better with Nutella. Even a churro, which at The Paella Shack is amazing already. You will want your next birthday cake made with these. In case your Nutella addiction has not completely taken over your life enough already, go for this.

5. Fed By Ed: Glazed BBQ Meat Loaf Sandwich

food fair

Photo by Megan Peterson

You know when you see a big sandwich and you say, “I’ll just have half.” Yeah, that’s not gonna happen after you take a bite out of Fed By Ed’s Glazed BBQ Meat Loaf sandwich. The meat loaf is cooked to perfection, with what truly is a glaze of bbq sauce in between two buttery toasted slices of white bread.

6.  Hai Street Kitchen: Sushi Burrito

food fair

Photo courtesy of @haistkitchenus on Instagram

This is the perfect handheld for the sushi craver. Hai Street makes a fresh sushi burrito that caters to health and foodie seeking eaters. I really love their sushi burrito. It’s unbelievably fresh. This will change your life as you won’t need to starve in that city block of a line at Pokeworks.

7. Bassett’s: Guatemalan Ripple

food fair

Photo by Megan Peterson

This collaboration of strong coffee and chocolatey fudge is succulent. After one taste you will be ready to scape your cup clean. The coffee-lover and chocoholic will appreciate this one. Bassett’s takes classic flavors and just nails it. If I had to choose between a “bae” and this ice-cream, I say choosing this ice-cream is a no-brainer.

8. Zinna’s Mobile Bistro: Rib Eye Cheesesteak

food fair

Photo by Megan Peterson

This cheesesteak can’t be beat. The steak is marinated to perfection to make a tender, flavorful steak that tastes gourmet when combined with a fresh Italian roll, with cheese, horseradish sauce, and arugula.

9. Wafels & Dinges: Waffle with Spekuloos

food fair

Photo by Megan Peterson

Walking toward this truck, you get a whiff of the glory that is freshly pressed waffles and Spekuloos. Just give in. You have not experienced #waffleporn until you’ve had Waffles & Dinges. Get one with Spekuloos. If you don’t know what that is, this is the perfect way to try it.