Hello delicious European three course meals, goodbye unlimited stacked plates at E Hall. Little did I know that when I packed up my suitcase to study abroad in Salamanca for a semester that’d I’d find myself craving a freshly wood fired Margherita pizza from Bella Luna. My mouth actually watered after writing that line. If that isn’t any indication of how badly I want it, then I don’t know what is.

Don’t get me wrong here, the smell of freshly baked croissants each morning, sight of daily delivered ingredients, and taste of all the goodness that is whipped up in the kitchens is a blessing in Europe. But, sometimes you just can’t help your cravings. The stomach wants what the stomach wants.

If you decide to study abroad, which you should because it rocks, then just know that you will miss these nine foods as much as Justin Bieber misses Selena Gomez. We often reminisce about JMU food or Hburg restaurants, so I thought I’d share with you all our latest cravings.

Here’s what the current study abroad group in Salamanca has to say about our favorite meals that we want so badly we can’t even:

1. Top Dog: Mongolian Grill

study abroad

Photo courtesy of @jmudining on Instagram

Lindsay McCoy: Whenever I think about the fact that the earth has to revolve halfway around the sun before my next taste of Mongolian Grill, my heart breaks a little more.

2. O’Neill’s Grill: Cookie Skillet

study abroad

Photo courtesy of @alyssaanne_23 on Instagram

Jessi Pinello: I WANT IT.

3. Jack Brown’s: Greg Brady

study abroad

Photo courtesy of @betsyuhas on Instagram

Burger Queen: Man, f*&@ this, I just want Jack Brown’s.

4. Billy Jack´s: Sticky Nugs

study abroad

Photo courtesy of @housdenphoto on Instagram

Corey Thompson: Because the sweet chili sauce is to die for and for some reason chicken nuggets aren’t a hot commodity here in España.

5. Jimmy Johns: Pepe

study abroad

Photo by Jake Toth

Megan Grimes: If a plane ticket home was the same price as a Pepe sandwich from Jimmy Johns, I would have a delicious Pepe in my hand.

6. D Hall (or E Hall): Peanut Butter Pie

study abroad

Photo courtesy of @ceceliabedelia on Instagram

Yours trulyHump day is not the same without this delicious piece of paradise meeting me at the halfway point. 

7. Wolfe Street Brewing: Sunday Cure Beermosas

study abroad

Photo courtesy of @wolfestreetbrewingco on Instagram

Kid with fake ID: Also, $2 thursdays.

8. El Charro: Arroz con Pollo

study abroad

Photo courtesy of @lucas_sturaro on Instagram

Megan Grimes: I wish that I could be mixed amongst the queso that comes with my arroz con pollo.

9. Chick Fil A: Chicken Sandwich

study abroad

Photo courtesy of @caridonaldson on Instagram

Tom Giordano: I miss the number 1 I always get as I shamelessly sit and study by myself. #productiveAF