NBA free agency season has commenced, and oh are teams and players already moving quickly out of the gate. This holy time from July 1 to July 7 will have basketball geeks on the edge of their seats waiting to see where their favorite and least favorite players choose to go or if they decide to stay true to their current teams. All we know is that dolla dolla bills will be flying around from coaches to players in hopes of bringing new talents to different teams.

free agent

If free agency season was explained in terms of food, Kevin Durant would be like the Hershey’s Chocolate company facing offers of a buyout by Oreo-making company Mondelez. Just because Hershey said no doesn’t mean Mondelez will stop offering higher bids. If Durant says no to a team, you best believe that he’ll just keep receiving offers with higher price values. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and in the terms of NBA free agency, teams will not hold back when they have that beautiful championship trophy in mind.

To soothe your basketball-loving soul until the moratorium ends on July 7, here are 9 comfort foods paired with 9 players expected to make big moves, or stay true to their home, this next week.

1. Grilled Cheese

free agent

Photo by Kylie Kinder

LeBron James may have helped bring the NBA championship to Cleveland this season, but homie is a free agent, so if you’re a Cavaliers fan, a greasy grilled cheese may be necessary to calm your King James soul. Were those tears that he shed while holding the trophy as cheesy as this recipe, or will LeBron stay with the Cavs? Stay tuned and follow the moves here.

2. Pizza Rolls

free agent

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Mom may have to make pizza rolls for another NBA team if Kevin Durant chooses to peace out from Oklahoma City. Everyone wants a pizza Durant, so if you’re a fan, let’s hope he doesn’t go to your least favorite team. In the meantime, chow down on some of your own pizza rolls to ease you through until July 7.

3. Chicken Tenders and Fries

free agent

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

Bradley Beal may have reached an agreement with the Wizards, but until the moratorium period closes on July 7 at midnight, D.C. fans will be counting down until they can finally breathe and accept the blessing that is a few more seasons of Beal and John Wall on the court. Although he may have suffered a few injuries, little compares to a night at a Wizards game, chicken fingers and fries in lap, watching Beal drain a three. While you wait until his deal becomes official, whip yourself up some chicken and fries, reflect on all the talent that is Bradley Beal, and keep hope.

4. Buffalo Bites

free agent

Photo by Kelda Baljon

As of now, Jeremy Lin is returning to the state where the Linsanity movement began, but now with a different team. His deal with the Brooklyn Nets is \ looking pretty permanent, but in the meantime, you can choose to celebrate, or you can choose to drown your sorrows with some baked boneless buffalo wings as you Charlotte Hornets fans say bye to Jeremy Lin and you Nets fans say welcome.

5. Tall Glass of Something

free agent

Photo courtesy of craftbeerandkitchen.com

Dwyane Wade is currently cruising through Mallorca, so if you call yourself a Miami Heat fan, maybe you should just cruise on through to July 7 as well. If you’re feeling stressed about losing #3, then calm yourself with a tall glass of something good, just like Wade, LeBron James, and Chris Paul are on their lip syncing post season vacation.

6. Mac & Cheese

free agent

Photo by Alex Weiner

“Let’s go Kardashian!” isn’t uncommon for Kris Humphries to hear from the stands during a game. Kim didn’t have the hots for Kris for too long, and neither did the Phoenix Suns, Washington Wizards, or Atlanta Hawks, but he may have some luck with the Boston Celtics. If you’re hoping that the luck of the Irish is on Humphries’ side, then mac & cheese is for you.

7. Pizza

free agent

Photo courtesy of huffingtonpost.com

Will Pau Gasol say “Adios!” to the Chicago Bulls? That would mean no more Chicago deep dish pizza for the post player from Spain. Treat yourself to a personal (large) pizza to remain calm, mainly through food coma, while you wait to see what Gasol will do.

8. Donuts

free agent

Photo courtesy of huffingtonpost.com

Lucky for you Raptors fans, DeMar DeRozan has not said no Canada, but rather has chosen to re-sign with the Raptors. Looks like Tim Horton’s will be the move to celebrate for Canadians, and maybe Dunkin’ for those of us in the states.

9. Tacos

free agent

Photo courtesy of tastychomps.com

A Dallas Maverick for years, Dirk Nowitzki is currently a free agent. Will he leave the Mavs to go chasing a championship ring with another team? Only time will tell, but until July 7, you Nowitzki fans can find some calm in good ole Tex Mex tacos, in honor of Dallas’ Mavericks and the possible end, or new beginning, to a Nowitzki era.