When a fast food chain like Whataburger creates something as remarkable as its sugar-coma inducing honey butter, it mustn’t be limited to a single dish. Since honey butter transcends the salty/sweet barrier, it can be used in dishes as a savory salad dressing or even atop vanilla ice cream. Here are some more ideas on how to properly utilize the heavenly sauce.
1. On your regular morning oatmeal
Nothing fancy. Just a pack of quick oats, a couple fresh berries and a drizzle of HB.
2. Drizzled over fresh berries
Are you one of those people that can’t eat a big breakfast? Skip the oatmeal and toast and put the HB directly on some fresh fruit.
3. As a honey mustard dipping sauce for veggies or chips
Honey butter can be used in (vaguely) healthy recipes too! Find the recipe here. Just use honey butter instead of regular honey.
4. On pancakes (simple pancake recipe here)
No offense maple syrup.
5. Over ice cream (make it here with no ice cream machine)
I’d stick to vanilla on this one.
6. As a honey mustard salad dressing
Find the recipe here. Use honey butter instead of honey and add a pinch of paprika for a kick.
7. Simply on toast
For those who appreciate the simpler things in life, or are just lazy.
8. And finally, as Whataburger intended, as a glaze for fried chicken
For a healthier option, pan fry your chicken breast in some olive oil instead. It tastes (almost) as good.
Crazy for all things Whataburger? Check out their secret menu here.