Now there’s nothing wrong with a classic PB&J, but let’s be honest, that gets old. If you’re like most budget-pressed college students, PB is a staple in your room and stress-eating it straight from the jar is nothing to be ashamed of. Peanut butter is not only a delicious, creamy spread that I could eat for days, but it’s loaded with fiber, healthy fats and protein that will keep you feeling fuller longer. This makes it the ideal snack during midterms when you’re not only living in the library, but living on a prayer, somehow getting by on fewer than 4 hours of sleep for a week. These 8 PB creations are quick, easy and delicious, perfect to help you stay energized and focused, and also for when you just need something yummy to comfort you during these trying times.

1. Rice Cake

Layering peanut butter on a rice cake with a sliced banana makes for the perfect sweet and slightly salty treat that doubles as breakfast and a snack.

peanut butter

Photo by Sydney Davis

2. Smoothie

Mixing a spoonful of peanut butter into a smoothie made with strawberries, bananas and almond milk will add thickness, protein and a sweet nutty flavor to your breakfast drink or mid-afternoon snack.

peanut butter

Photo by Rachel Piorko

3. Oatmeal

Whether it’s plain, maple brown sugar, apple cinnamon or any other fruit- or spice-inspired flavor, swirling a spoonful of PB into your oatmeal adds a creamy touch that is also sure to leave you completely satisfied until lunch.

peanut butter

Photo by Sydney Davis

4. Easy Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies

These 4-ingredient cookies will transform your peanut butter eating experience. Simply mash two bananas with a (very) generous tablespoon of PB, add a handful of chocolate chips and a cup of oats, and bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes.

peanut butter

Photo by Elizabeth Perkins

5. Greek Yogurt

Take plain, non- or low-fat Greek yogurt and add a bit of PB (and jelly if you’re feeling it) for a sweet and creamy addition to a tart (and super healthful) snack. I usually leave it on top, scooping some in with each spoonful rather than stirring it in, but the choice is up to you. Toss in a few roasted almonds for some crunch.

peanut butter

Photo by Grace Lee

6. Muffin

Slathering peanut butter on a muffin (we recommend chocolate or chocolate chip) or banana bread will add a whole new flavor and texture profile to your breakfast or snack. A waiter once recommended I order a side of peanut butter with my banana bread, and it’s in the top 5 best pieces of advice I’ve ever received. So delicious.

peanut butter

Photo by Grace Lee

7. Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt

A thick spoonful of PB is a surprisingly tasty addition to any ice cream or fro-yo flavor. Okay, maybe not any ice cream flavor; you might avoid mint chocolate chip for this one, but generally peanut butter will deliciously round out most chocolate- or vanilla-based flavors. We recommend chocolate chip cookie dough because what could be better than PB and chocolate chip cookies other than PB and chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream?

peanut butter

Photo by Grace Lee

8. Warm, Cinnamon Raisin Toast

PB-covered cinnamon raisin toast is one of my childhood favorites. It’s especially delicious when the bread is fresh from the toaster and the peanut butter turns into melty deliciousness. If you’re not a fan of raisins, try toasted white bread with cinnamon sugar and peanut butter instead. Either way, you’ll be hooked.

peanut butter

Photo by Sarah Gordon

And, if you’re in desperate need of PB and don’t even have a spoon handy, you can always pull a Joey Tribbiani…

peanut butter

GIF courtesy of Gifsoup.com

For even more peanut butter deliciousness, check these recipes out: