Just in time for finals. One can only drink so many cups of Joe before a) the effects just aren’t the same, b) the taste becomes revolting, or c) you need to try something new during study breaks or your head just might explode.

Check out these coffee alternatives that may just make your finals hell week a bit more bearable:

1. Chocolate

Caffeine

Photo courtesy of Coolmompicks.com

When chocolate is an option, is there really any discussion? The Awake Caffeinated Chocolate Bar, sold at your local Starbucks, contains as much caffeine as a cup of coffee (that’s 101 mg). Who ever said chocolate wasn’t a great way to start the day?

2. Matcha

Caffeine

Photo courtesy of Cindy Taylor

The buzz you feel from a “Matcha high” is much different than that all-too-familiar coffee spike followed by the inevitable crash. Not only does Matcha Tea have 70 mg of caffeine per 8 oz serving, it brings on a caffeine buzz that comes and goes much more gently than coffee. It will keep you satiated and focused and not to mention, it won’t leave you with coffee breath for the rest of the day. That’s a win-win if you ask me.

3. Perky Jerky

You probably don’t think of beef jerky when you think of caffeine, and rightfully so. Perky Jerky is an All-natural, Gluten Free, Preservative Free Beef and Turkey Jerky brand. One serving of any of their unique flavors has only 80 calories and over 70 mg of caffeine, making it a great coffee alternative when you need a substantial and flavorful afternoon pick-me-up.

4. Oatmeal

Caffeine

Photo courtesy of Gabby Phi

Oatmeal. Goes great with berries, nuts, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, and… caffeine? Morning Spark Instant Oatmeal has taken your oatmeal-coffee breakfast combo and fused into a one single morning time burst of energy. Loaded with Vitamin C, 60 mg of caffeine per packet, and flavors like CranApple and CinnamonRoll, this may just be your new favorite breakfast go-to. Also, for another twist, you can make your oatmeal with coffee instead of water. Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it.

5. Chia Seeds

Caffeine

Photo courtesy of Brooke Bierhaus

Actually, chia seeds don’t have caffeine. What they do have, that will have a similar effect on you as caffeine, is a plethora of Essential Omega-3 fatty acids. Mix them in with smoothies, peanut butter, jams, or even cookies. The unique balance of Zinc, Vitamin B, Potassium, fiber and protein will have you ready to conquer the world by 3 PM.

#SpoonTip: Sweet tooth? Satisfy it with this Chia Seeding Pudding.

6. Yogurt

Caffeine

Photo courtesy of thecasualcraftlete.com

A simple blend of yogurt and espresso beans may be the answer to your can’t-get-out-of-bed prayers. Next time you’re craving something buzz-worthy in the morning, try garnishing your favorite cafe yogurt with a small handful of dark chocolate covered espresso beans. Man do those little guys have a kick.

7. Guayaki

Caffeine

Photo courtesy of food navigator.usa.com

Unfamiliar sounding foods like Guayaki may seem a little intimidating at first, but trust me, it’s worth a try. This is an organic, sustainable, environmentally responsible company with a product line including from loose-leaf tea bags and ready-to-drink Yerba Mate. Made from leaves of the holly tree found in South America, rainforest people have found the brew to be invigorating and euphoric unlike anything else.