Bored with taking shots or chugging your go-to mix? These hacks are guaranteed to upgrade your parties. Vodka comes in lots of flavours and the ways to use it are endless. Below are some of the vodka hacks for those of us that are lazy, cheap, or just don't like the taste of vodka.

1. Master the Jell-O shot

wine, coffee, tea
Torey Walsh

Match the Jell-O flavour to the vodka flavour! It'll make the shots taste less like rubbing alcohol. Some great combinations are orange Jell-O and orange vodka or lemon or lime Jell-O with lime vodka. Smirnoff lime vodka has a very strong taste of citrus and is great in Jell-O shots.

2. Make your own flavoured vodka

alcohol, vodka, liquor, ice, wine, beer, juice, soda, whisky
Alex Frank

You can make this easy recipe overnight just by adding skittles to your vodka and leaving it to soak. This is the cheapest way to make flavoured vodka, and also works with other candy like Jolly Ranchers.

3. Use a cheap mix

sweet, vodka, berry, alcohol, liquor, juice, ice, cocktail
Mira Nguyen

Mix your vodka with water and MiO liquid water enhancer. Help avoid that hangover by hydrating while drinking, and have the most portable and cheapest mix. 

4. Make a watermelon Jolly Rancher mixed drink

sweet, juice, watermelon
Abigail Shipps

Simply combine sour watermelon vodka and Mountain Dew to create a drink that tastes just like a watermelon Jolly Rancher!

5. Upgrade your vodka cran

tea, ice
Susanna Mostaghim

Mix vanilla vodka, cranberry juice, and grenadine. It's a sweeter and more delicious version of an old school drink. 

6. Order a low-calorie cheap drink

Drinks, beer, Bar, alcohol, wine, Drinking, exterior
Denise Uy

Bring Crystal Light packets to bars and just order vodka waters. Not only will they have no sugar, but they'll taste great and be cheaper than a mixed drink you could have ordered.

7. Sprite.

ice, wine, soda, liquor, alcohol, beer
Herman Li

A splash of sprite can fix almost anything, and not just a badly mixed vodka drink. It also works if your beer is too bitter or your wine is too tart.

Vodka is definitely my go to alcohol, and it became even more so during my first-year in university. It's cheap, easy to mix, and tastes a lot better if you use these hacks.