As we approach the middle of the semester, we all begin dreaming of spring break. Whether you’re headed home or to a vacation destination, there is definitely delicious food coming your way. In the meantime, take a look at these Frank and Coop hacks to help you get over your dining hall hump.

1. Ditch the omelet.

hacks

Photo by Analiese Trimber

Are your omelets constantly too runny or too burnt? Do you just need some consistency in your life? Ask for 2 or 3 scrambled eggs instead. You can still add your array of toppings and your breakfast will be perfectly cooked every time.

2. The microwave is there for a reason.

hacks

Photo by Kirby Barth

Take a brownie or slice of apple pie and pop it in the microwave for a quick 30 seconds and become amazed at how tasty the dessert bar truly is. If you didn’t even know that there was a microwave, check it out behind the coffee station.

Check out these yummy microwave-friendly foods.

3. Pesto isn’t just for sandwiches.

hacks

Photo by Parisa Soraya

Grab some pesto from the sandwich bar and put it on top of some plain pasta. Sprinkle some parmesan on top and you’re good to go. To make it even better, microwave your pesto pasta for a few seconds to make it warm and melty.

4. Convince yourself that Sundae Sunday can be “healthy.”

hacks

Photo by Mulin Xiong

Slice up an apple and scoop some warm caramel sauce into a bowl. Add some toppings if you’re feeling adventurous to create your own candied apple.

5. Panini everything.

hacks

Photo by Tess Wei

If the sandwich bar isn’t as ~lit~ as it usually is, take a trip over to the pre-made sandwiches and revamp one. Add some condiments and salad bar toppings and panini press it.

Pro tip: Peanut butter and jelly and peanut butter, banana, and honey (or basically anything with PB and/or Nutella) are transformed into gooey masterpieces with the panini press.

6. Chobani bar toppings are insanely versatile.

hacks

Photo by Danielle Cahoon

Top your Coop salad with some berries, nuts, or coconut from the new Chobani bar. There’s nothing better than some raspberries or walnuts in a spinach salad.

These additions will give your salad a major upgrade.

7.  Soggy BEC?

hacks

Photo by Mackenzie Barth

We all know how disappointing it is to unwrap an egg sandwich to find a soggy bagel. Take the contents out and toast the bagel. It will warm the eggs and bacon and give the sandwich a perfect crunch.