Summer is quickly approaching, and while the end of school is pretty exciting in and of itself, there's more to look forward to than just finally having time to binge-watch 13 Reasons Why. As the temperature climbs into the 70's and 80's, everyone's favorite summery treats are making their way out of hibernation. Here's 7 Summer foods ready to make their comeback:

1. Ice Cream

While many eat ice cream all year round—because who could ever actually give up ice cream?—summer brings back the perfect weather to eat this delicious treat. And while there are thousands of amazing ice cream places around the country, Milkcraft, Salt and Straw, Dreamette, and Amorino are some cool ones to check out this summer. You know, for your health and insta. 

2. Watermelon

watermelon, melon
Tess Wei

Nothing says summer quite like a perfectly juicy slice of watermelon. This summertime fruit can be the perfect afternoon snack, made into a drink, or even added to a salad. It'll keep you satisfied and hydrated throughout all of the fun summer activities you have planned. 

3. Ice Pops

Another classic sign of summer is when the ice pops come back in season. There are a ton of recipes to make your own cool flavored ice pops, like breakfast ice pops or margarita ice pops, which would turn this cool treat into a fun afternoon activity. But if you aren't feeling very DIY, there are a ton of new trendy places, like People's Pops, that will satisfy your ice pop craving with their interesting flavors. 

4. Lemonade

juice, lemonade, lemon, citrus, sweet, milk
Angela Pizzimenti

While you can have lemonade all year long, there is nothing more refreshing than an ice cold glass of lemonade on a hot summer day. And to add some more flavor to it, try adding different fruits to your lemonade, like raspberries or strawberries, to mix it up. 

5. Corn on the Cob

Corn on the cob is a typical dish to have at all your summertime BBQs with friends and family. An added bonus is that it's an easy food to make, and there are a ton of ways to take your classic corn on the cob dish to the next level to impress all your guests. 

6. Ice Cream Sandwiches 

ice, ice cream, sandwich, cream, cookie, cake
Julia Hedelman

In case you ever get bored of having regular ice cream (as if that would ever happen), summer also comes with another way to enjoy ice cream, and that's in the form of ice cream sandwiches. Combining cookies and ice cream, two of the best desserts out there, makes these treats even sweeter. And they're easy to make at home, or buy at trendy places with interesting flavors and amazing presentation. 

7. Smoothies

cake, chocolate
Isabel Wagner

With summer quickly approaching, more and more fruits are coming back in season, which means smoothies are also ready to make their comeback. Smoothies are an easy and delicious way to get your fruit intake, and are also easy to make at home for a quick breakfast or snack. And, with the rise of juice cleanses and juice bars, there are a ton of places to fill that smoothie craving of yours, like Raw Jūce, True Juice, and Liquiteria

Summer brings warm weather, vacations, festivals, relaxation time, and amazing foods back in season. While it may still seem early, summer is almost here, and so are some of your favorite seasonal foods. Let's be real—there's really no better way to celebrate summer than with food.