70% of millennials will spend more on brands that support causes that they care about, according to Omnicom Group's Cone Communications. I know that I, personally, will spend more on a product that gives back to society versus a similar, cheaper product that does not. In fact, according to research conducted by the Haas School of Business at Berkley in California, I know that nine in ten millennials would also switch brands to one associated with a cause. Here is a list of seven snack companies that give back so you can start switching up that grocery store list.

1. KIND

chocolate, candy
Zoe Denenberg

KIND is on a mission to make the world a little kinder, one snack at a time. The KIND Foundation, a non-profit established by the company, brings this mission to life. The Foundation works to inspire kindness and empathy through the community. Each month, the KIND Foundation supports a socially impactful cause with a $10,000 grant through a program called KIND Causes. 

2. Annie's Organics

sweet, corn, cereal
Danielle Gervais

When it comes to giving back to society, Annie's goes above and beyond. When you buy an Annie's product, you are supporting a network of change agents who are working to build a sustainable and resilient future for us all. Over the past five years, Annie's has donated nearly two million dollars to organizations that protect and support both people and the planet. 

4. Newman's Own

Since 1982, Newman's Own has donated more than $495 million to thousands of charities. They carry out their philanthropic efforts through Newman's Own Foundation, which is an independent and private foundation.  The Foundation does not maintain an endowment, raise funds, or accept donations; instead, they are funded fully through the profits and royalties of Newton's Own products.

5. Whole Foods

liquor, whisky, alcohol, wine, beer
Molly Gallagher

Each year, Whole Foods' community giving exceeds 5% of their total net profits each year. They do this through three foundations: Whole Planet Foundation, Whole Kids Foundation, and Whole Cities Foundation.  The Whole Planet Foundation creates economic partnerships with the poor in the developing-world communities that supply Whole Foods with their products. The Whole Kids Foundation supports schools and inspires families to improve children's nutrition and wellness.  The Whole Cities Foundation brings fresh and nutritious food to underserved communities.

6. Justin's Peanut Butter

Justin's is striving to make more than just tasty snacks, they are also drive to make a difference. They broke this goal into four fundamental pillars: nourish, nurture, inspire, and educate. To nurture, they're teaching our youth a sense of environmental stewardship. To nourish, they're helping to nourish communities and play a part in making the world a healthier place.  To inspire, they're paying it forward by supporting efforts that inspire other to start somewhere and keep going. To educate, they're helping to grow the natural products community. 

7. Dave's Killer Bread

Monthly, Dave's Killer Bread offers volunteering opportunities for their employee partners and their families. For example, they helped to organize a lunch donation for the homeless community living along Portland, Oregon's waterfront. Each year, they donate more than 300,000 loaves of bread to local food shelters and non-profit organizations. Fun fact: that is enough bread to make three million sandwiches. 

These seven companies are near and dear to my heart for the ways that they choose to give back to society. Did I mention that their snacks are also delicious? Happy snacking!