College kids these days are glued to social media 24/7, and one of the most popular social media sites out there is Instagram. With Instagram, a whole array of beautiful, edited photos are at your fingertips. And for some Instagram users a lot of these photos happen to be of food…okay, for some of us, most of these photos happen to be of food. Here are seven signs that you’re addicted to foodie Instagrams:

1. You sometimes forget that people post pictures of themselves

foodie Instagrams

Photo courtesy of @hungryhipsters on Instagram

Sure, your personal page might be full of selfies and snaps with friends, but one look at your newsfeed and you’d think that the front-facing camera had all but disappeared. The sheer number of foodie Instagrams you follow simply overwhelm any actual people. You haven’t seen a picture of your friend for a solid three minutes of scrolling, but you’ve already seen two bowls of mac ‘n cheese, a slice of chocolate cake, and a whole loaf of avocado toast…and you’re weirdly at peace with that.

2. You can go from full to starving with just a few minutes of scrolling

foodie Instagrams

Picture this: you’re at dinner with your mom/sister/significant other/etc. The check is paid, and as you grab your coat, you decide to take a quick peek at your ‘gram. Once those images of all the food you didn’t just scarf down hit your retinas, they have you hook, line, and sinker. You could have just eaten a three-course meal, but a few minutes on Instagram has you asking for a doggy bag.

3. You’ve considered making a pilgrimage to get a certain food

foodie Instagrams

Photo courtesy of @marmarmurph on Instagram

So you live on the East Coast, but just liked a picture of In-N-Out’s drool-worthy burgers? Well, now you’re Googling how long it would take you to drive to California if you left right now. To you, a cross-country trip bouncing from one iconic food porn site to another sounds ideal. If only pesky things like class, work, and your ever-shrinking bank account would stop getting in the way…

4. You’ve tried recreating recipes you liked

foodie Instagrams

Photo courtesy of @amateurbaking on Instagram

I know I can’t be the only one who’s seen a beautifully high-resolution picture of a batch of cupcakes and immediately run to the store to buy enough flour and frosting to sustain a small army, right?… right? Part of the beauty of Instagram is that, by and large, all pictures are posted by people who put their pants on one leg at a time, like everyone else. If they can whip up a batch of snickerdoodles and snap a picture, so can you! Or at least that’s what you tell yourself anyway.

#SpoonTip: You usually fail at recreating the recipes. It’s a sad fact of life, my friends.

5. You find yourself double-tapping foods you don’t even like

foodie Instagrams

Generally this is for ~aesthetic reasons~. For example, you might hate coffee, but damn it you’re going to like that picture of this girl’s latte anyway. The way the light bounces off the plate, the way the foam swirls just right… it’d practically be a sin not to double-tap. After all, there’s a reason beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and not the taste buds.

6. You have a page for every possible craving

foodie Instagrams

It’s 3:00 pm, and your Spanish class is making you crave Mexican. No problem, you’ll just check the feed for that trendy taco truck. 11:00 pm and those late night study sessions are making you crave all the pizza? You’ll soon be able to find enough pictures to fill an entire pizzeria. You have enough pages stocked up in your “following” folder to satisfy every kind of munchie you can think of. Some may call it obsession, but you know that it’s a carefully constructed art, and if anything, it helps you plan out your next meal.

7. You never take pictures of your own food

foodie Instagrams

Photo courtesy of @alisoneroman on Instagram

Let’s be real here. That PB&J you slapped together running to class would barely get you past the dreaded ten likes threshold. The odds are even more stacked against you if you’re trying to get a picture of your drunken, post-night out eats. There’s just so much planning that goes into the perfect snapshot of food porn: the lighting, the color balance, the pressure to capture “the perfect bite”. How could you possibly measure up? As hard as you may try, you know that in your heart of hearts, it’s best to leave foodie Instagrams to the professionals.

It can be a tough go of it being addicted to something so beautiful. However, all you can hope for is that with these signs in mind, you can take your addiction in stride and double-tap with confidence from here on out.