If you’re a sushi-holic like me, you’re probably always looking for a new place to get your daily fish fix. While I wish I could dine at five-star sushi restaurants like Nobu, Umi, and Craft Izakaya every night, unfortunately this is not realistic for my bank account, busy schedule or diet.

This is where Whole Foods comes in to save the day (per usual). Not only is their sushi delicious, but it is also convenient, fresh and healthy. If you haven’t already tried their sushi (shaking my head), here are some of the many reasons why you must.

1. They make rolls out of brown rice, black rice and quinoa

Whole Foods

Photo by Ariella Kuhl

What else would you expect from Whole Foods? Brown rice, quinoa and black rice are all way healthier alternatives to traditional white rice. Just when I thought sushi couldn’t get any better, now it’s even a super-food.

2. They have a huge selection of traditional Japanese sides

Whole Foods

Photo by Ariella Kuhl

From seaweed salad to edamame, shrimp inari kabuki and shrimp tropical fresh rolls, Whole Foods has it all.

3. They have cool and hip rolls

Whole Foods

Photo by Ariella Kuhl

Avocado Cucumber Black Rice, Malibu Kabuki Roll, Quinoa Spicy Salmon, and Spicy Tuna Avocado Brown Rice are only some of the fun rolls you will find at your local Whole Foods.

4. If you’re not in a rush, you can customize your own roll

Whole Foods

Photo from genjiweb.com

If the available rolls aren’t floating your boat, you can make your own. Sometimes, I want a spicy tuna roll without the extra spicy mayo, and the staff will always create a special roll for me.

5. The executive chef of Whole Foods’ sushi distributor is kind of a big deal

Whole Foods

Photo courtesy of genjiweb.com

Executive Chef Takao Iinuma of Genji Sushi (Whole Foods supplier) served as Iron Chef Morimoto’s executive-souf chef and nutrition specialist.  Before becoming executive chef for Genji, he worked at many well-renowned restaurants in Japan. Moral of the story, Whole Foods’ sushi is legit.

6. The sushi is not as expensive as you might think

Whole Foods

Photo by Hayden Carder

When I go to Whole Foods, I’ll often order one roll (around $10) and an appetizer on the side (around $5), equalling around $15. While this might not be as cheap as 7-11 or Walgreens sushi (yuck), it is 100% cheaper than most Japanese restaurants I go to. While good sushi is never going to be a bargain, it is something I am willing to splurge on.

7. Some Whole Foods even prepare Sushi Burritos and Poke Bowls

Whole Foods

Photo by Ariella Kuhl

While unfortunately none of the Whole Foods near me serve the sushi burrito, many are beginning to incorporate this iconic dish into their menus. I was lucky enough to try a Spicy Tuna Avocado Poke Bowl at the Whole Foods near my university. Absolutely delicious.