Sorry, Snapple friends – it’s me again – here to deliver you a dose of bad news. Snapple ain’t the best stuff on Earth. Yeah, I know, the label says it is, so it must be true. But it ain’t. Here’s why:

The serving size is confusing.

Snapple

You grab a Snapple and down the whole thing in between class. But hear this, the classic 16-oz. bottle is really meant to be drunk in two servings, which is completely idiotic since people aren’t usually disciplined enough to just have a half a bottle. Serving size is an important thing to look out for, along with the rest of the nutrition label.

So. Much. Sugar.

Snapple

Snapple is bursting with sugar – 42 grams of sugar to be exact. You’re probably thinking, “That means nothing to me,” but it should. Grab your handy-dandy teaspoon and a bowl of sugar. 42 grams of sugar is equal to 10.5 teaspoons. That is nasty. But hey, beating sugar cravings ain’t so hard.

Citric Acid: Found in Snapple and Lemon Fresh Pledge.

Snapple

That lemon flavor isn’t natural, folks. That’s citric acid, a chemical used in flavorings… and metal polishes. If you like your teeth, stay away, since citric acid has recently been linked to tooth erosion. Tea is supposed to be GOOD for you, not bad. Don’t make it complicated.

There are zero antioxidants.

Snapple

Drinking tea is a great way to incorporate antioxidants into your diet. But guess what? According to Fooducate, Snapple has zero antioxidants. And since antioxidants are pretty bitter, Snapple waters them down. On top of that, the antioxidants continue to slowly disintegrate between brewing and time spent on the shelf.

Natural ingredients aren’t necessarily better than artificial ingredients.

Snapple

Snapple claims that they use natural ingredients. Whoop-dee-doo. Bad news. Sorry to break it to ya, but natural flavorings are nothing to brag about. According to the Scientific American, natural flavors are no better in quality, nor are they safer than artificial flavors and that’s that.

Diet Snapple isn’t all that much better than regular Snapple.

Snapple

According to Fitness Magazine, aspartame is one of the most toxic food additives out there these days. And it’s chilling in your bottle of Diet Snapple. Aspartame has been linked to cancer, brain tumors, and other terrible defects. No good.

Snapple is a LIAR.

Snapple

What’s the first ingredient that comes to mind when you hear Snapple Apple? Uh, apples hopefully? Well there are no apples in Snapple Apple. But it does have pear juice. Say whaaaat? ‘Nuff said.