It's 11:30 on a Saturday morning. You just forced your eyes open to what seems like all of the world's lights shining upon you. You sit up a bit too fast and all of a sudden your head begins pounding and... uh oh... yep, here comes the nausea. 

We've all been there: the dreaded hangover. But you simply cannot let your bad Friday night decisions ruin the potential of your Saturday night plans. If you're like me, you've tried every trick in the book to get over those morning spins. Well, luckily for you, we've compiled a list of seven rumored cures that are just as crazy as you would have to be to try it.

But, I'm all out of successful remedies, so count me in.

1. Raw Eggs

egg, egg yolk, yolk, fried egg, chicken
Lily Lou

Like many other foods, eating eggs the morning after a big night out provides your body with energy, which certainly helps hangovers. For an extra boost, eat them raw; the cysteine in eggs breaks down the hangover devil—acetaldehyde. So throw a raw one in your bloody mary or morning smoothie and drink up!

2. Sweat Licking

We all know getting up and hitting the gym is proven to help some beat their nasty hangovers. However, years ago, a few curious Native Americans took it step further and discovered licking their own sweat, swishing it around in their mouth, and spitting it out got rid of the "poison" that caused hangovers. Hmm, not too sure about this one, but at least stick to licking your own pits people.

3. Rabbit Poo Tea

on

Nothing like downing a nice, warm mug of rabbit poo to start off your morning, am I right? Although this remedy may seem outrageous, the cowboys of the wild west used this remedy to combat their hangovers. Sources say that this is due to the extra potassium in rabbit dung, which is helpful on those rough mornings. Try it at your own risk.

4. Pickle Juice

This hangover cure is brought to you by the legendary vodka-chugging Russians. This remedy has been long practiced due to its magnificent effects. After a heavy night of drinking, your body becomes depleted of necessary electrolytes. The high amounts of salt in pickle juice provide your body with those electrolytes in mass amounts. 

5. Lemon in the Armpits 

juice, lemon, citrus, lime, sweet
Spoon University

Yep, you read that right. It has been said that rubbing lemons in your armpits will aid in recovering from a hangover. This remedy was said to have started in Puerto Rico, and apparently aids in replenishing fluids to your body. This cure may have you suspicious, but hey, lemon deodorant could be the new thing!

6. Scent of Bacon 

pork, meat, barbecue, bacon, beef, sauce, sausage, chicken

It's no shock that greasy foods have always been the go-to for those Saturday and Sunday morning brunches. With that being said, scientists at Newcastle University found that the mouthwatering smell of bacon could actually cure your hangover symptoms. This is explained by the specific amino acid found in bacon that's given off in the air. When inhaled, this aroma aids in your cure, which in nerd terms is called "The Maillard Effect."

7. Liquid Jell-O

beer, coffee
Abigail Wei Jing Hing

That's right, throwback to before that hangover when you were making those deadly Jell-O shots; but this time, skip the chill step and dive in right after you add water. The electrolytes are said to get to your stomach quicker and help you get over that morning slump. Count me in!

When it comes down to it, we, as a population, will never stop until we find the cure to the ever-so-awful hangover! Whether it be by sipping rabbit poo or chugging pickle juice, it's no surprise people do the things that they do, because who wants to feel like death?